Weight loss progress keeping a record

Not_so_brave_anymore

Visit site
What have you done in just one week? Have you put her in the tumble dryer to shrink her?! Great work. I don't dare clip mine to see what's under there, I'm hoping that being able to feel a few ribs with not too much of a poke is thin enough.....

windand rain

Visit site
Gone against my soft nature and clipped her out put a thin standard neck on and stopped all but scrubbing around for left overs. She got very cross but she is a lot happier ridden now. She had a hood on in the frosty weather but it comes off in mild weather. Just added a bit of foggage as the old girl needs a bit but they share a tiny bit. Old girl goes ahead for an hour then the little one gets the last of it. Was going to lunge her daily but my 2 year old grandson arrived for care his mum had a family emergency and dad had to work. He adores the horses but is a bit under your feet so lunging went by the board

Lucky788

Visit site
Oh wow!
I have just reclipped my fatty he has such a thick coat! I’ve only done a low Irish clip so I’m not rugging as yet but very tempted to take the lot off and lightly rug instead because he is just so toasty

Polos Mum

Visit site
Lovely - unpopular with some but you could consider carrying on your good work and get her to be a touch under weight (from perfect now). So you have a little margin for error when the grass comes.
Getting it off (for these types) so much harder than getting it on.

With 3-6 weeks to go to flushing spring grass I wouldn't ease off now!

Tarragon

Visit site
I think that she looks great personally, with such a sweet head and expression! I am looking forward to seeing her in her summer coat finest. I love her colouring (I want to put "dun" but wasn't sure if this is right!)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
View attachment 62450
Week 10 think we might have cracked it now to keep her here or maybe touch more off

You've done a great job. I'm having the same discussion with myself with my Spanish mare. She's perfect now, like yours, but I dare not put her on enough food to stop her losing any more weight, because as soon as the grass grows that would be too much. I'm trying to hold my nerve and let her actually be "too thin" (but not unhealthily so) in March/April to give her headroom before a muzzle has to go on.

windand rain

Visit site
track 3.jpg
Day she arrived as a 2 year old pretty buckskin but boy was she grossly fat. Did get it off but was hard then the lockdown last summer was getting too much grass and not enough exercise and I am ashamed to say it got by me She is 6 on the 1st of April

windand rain

Visit site
I think she might be a bit slow for you Irishmilo she is definately more woah than go which suits me as she isnt in any hurry to run off with the kids. Jumping well though so might make a working hunter once the kid can stay aboard