Weird, ain't they?

AlanE

Visit site
Read the cutting from the Daily Mirror which says 'outrage over 'Born to Shoot' and Born to Hunt toddlers clothing etc

It seems the only people 'outraged' are LACS!! Whats with those weirdos? We all know they are fascists, but objecting to slogans on kids clothing..for chrissake, they are seriously flawed in my view.

AlanE

Visit site
No doubt, but so are a lot of people. Try walking down a high street. But anyone who seems to believe the wealthy anti organizations propaganda, such as yourself, without even weighing the evidence, is seriously skewed wouldn't you agree?

Fairynuff

Visit site
I find it tasteless. Isnt there enough violence going on without labelling childrens clothes with "born to shoot" etc? Fascists indoctrinated children from the cradle-I have listened to many Italian people who grew up with it and it wasnt pleasent.Your choice of word is obviously based on ignorance of the reality. M.

Fairynuff

Visit site
And I played at cowboys and indians etc. I find it tasteless to dress children to reflect a concept they no know nothing about and shouldnt be involved in.I also hate seeing tiny children with their ears pierced because "mummy" likes it. Does that make me a fascist (as was stated on the opening thread)??????????? Mairi.

Hercules

Visit site
Children of that age know nothing about cars, elephants, bears etc which are liberally emblazoned across all their romper suits. They are also dressed in football colours of teams which they don't know exist.

Does it really matter? No, of course it doesn't

severnmiles

Visit site
I think you'll find fascists were/are rather fond of slogans, especially draped around children.

Yep, also cowards, I remember when I was only about 10 and proudly wearing a South Herefordshire Hunt Pony Club jumper whilst shopping in Safeway, mum had said I could go and choose some sweets so off I toodled when some greasy haired, hippy (sorry, but that is truth, then you wonder why we stereotype you) started shouting abuse at me, at 10 years old do you really think thats acceptable?

Outrage? If I had kids they'd be wearing them! They'll also be out hunting by the time they're 6months...outraged at that too?

Beaufort

Visit site
No I don't think it's acceptable to shout at a child like that.

I'm not outraged at CA members draping their children in pro-hunting slogans. On the other hand I personally wouldn't use my children as walking billboards for anti-hunt sentiments.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
"I find it tasteless to dress children to reflect a concept they no know nothing about and shouldnt be involved in."

One of my children has full soldier gear, he even wears camoflaged under pants. He hunts deer with me and the dogs in the woods, we think it's a great game. He brings his gun and pretends to shoot animals. It's really exciting when we find one.

severnmiles

Visit site
But how many of these kids are going to grow up being anti?

In a few years their beliefs will most likely be as strong as the people clothing their kids in those slogans anyway.

Hercules

Visit site
''On the other hand I personally wouldn't use my children as walking billboards for anti-hunt sentiments.''

Well exercise your freedom of choice and don't. Simple isn't it?

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
My nan is an anti, my dad is pro and I am pro..

However, until I started hunting, he'd never been out...

In my dads words...

"I wanted to join the college beagles, but my mum would have killed me"

Parents SHOULD have NO influence over their kids thoughts on these things, imho. My brother loves his hunting shirt, and I mine (if I knew where one of them was!!!).

But, LACS are very wrong to complain about the hunting suits when you can dress your kids in the playboy bunny. I think thats kinda sick!!!

Nigel

Visit site
Hi Beaufort,

You said,

“I think you'll find fascists were/are rather fond of slogans, especially draped around children”

Hang on a minute chum, weren’t bigotry, ignorance, narrow mindedness, and prejudice the building blocks of Hitler’s Germany?

Cheers

Nigel

Peta

Visit site
More intolerance... more unpleasantness. England used to be such a well-mannered polite country. Hey ho...