Weird and Wacky Passport Names?

Visit site
My 3 year old ponies Passport Name is "Why Not" His stable name is Harley, We also have Dark Image as an ex-racehorse. Any of your horses have weird and funny Passport Names?

(Why Not-14.2HH Coloured Cob)
(Dark Image-17.2HH Thoroughbred)

Last edited:

Lolo

Visit site
Al has a Tango (passported as Tango IX)... Now, this generally strikes up images of a horse in some shade of orange.

1146495_10201742994283695_733882469_n.jpg

He couldn't be less orange. He's also pretty smart and hopefully destined to be quite good at life, so he's going to have to be Tango at posh shows too!

We also have a Something's Up. Which is pretty silly... Luckily the third musketeer is "White Smoke" which is both pretty and suitable (he's a steel grey)!

Tern

Visit site
I have Colour Me Crazy which my immature friend thought sounded wrong?! His stable name is Cartoon or "toon" he is a 13.3 coloured cob then I have Cwmmawr Fern and Cwmmawr means house on a valley or something along those lines. She is a 15.0 welsh d and stable name is Fern. At yard we have "Jungle Drums II" or Bongo as he's better known as and he's a big ginger friend of mine... a stallion I know got called Her Royal Highness by breeder :/ luckily it wasn't being bred or competed... They called it King in stable lol

Love

Visit site
My first pony was "Catch Phrase" when he came to me but I think I found his records from Ireland where he was "Something Catchy".

Kenny is "Jim Bob Cross". Just don't even comment.

only_me

Visit site
Love the name something catchy!

Friends horse was called "business" so when people called his secretary could say he was away on business :p

Was going to call previous horse wired to the moon (was super sharp and fresh as a 5 year old) but turned out to be the laziest horse that ever existed :p

One of dad's friends had a horse with passport name of "beneath the sheets" which was interesting when called out at shows :p

Jnhuk

Visit site
One of my friends always had funny names for his horses. He had a lovely big black horse called 'Bin Bag' and when asked he replied because he is black and shiny!

Kallibear

Visit site
Roo was nameless when he arrived and therefore called Roo (initially Kangaroo but now Rupert Bear for high days and being told off) I was hoping his breed name was something workable but when his passport followed him a week later, it turns out out he's called Kingsmill Hero.

He sounds like a posh loaf of bread! He might as well have been called Warburton.

clairebearnz

Visit site
My new boy's racing name was Fready Cougar (sire: Perfectly Ready). So not only is it weird spelling, he's also named after a fictional serial killer.

Audacity

Visit site
I once had a TB called Demented - I didn't name her but now that I breed a few I can think of some great (and sometimes silly) names.

I had 2 foals 3 years ago born 2 days apart & I called them Chaos & Mayhem (stable & passport names) - sold Mayhem but still got Chaos in my life!!!

This year stable names of foals include Weed & Womble.

bexcy-bee

Visit site
Al has a Tango (passported as Tango IX)... Now, this generally strikes up images of a horse in some shade of orange.

1146495_10201742994283695_733882469_n.jpg

He couldn't be less orange. He's also pretty smart and hopefully destined to be quite good at life, so he's going to have to be Tango at posh shows too!

We also have a Something's Up. Which is pretty silly... Luckily the third musketeer is "White Smoke" which is both pretty and suitable (he's a steel grey)!

White smoke is much more acceptable now he's greying out! When I first got him, he was sooo dark, and I had a few (horsey and non horsey) people comment on the 'white' bit lol, but it does suit him and is pretty :)

I bought a youngster called Domino in his passport, and wanted a 'posh' name so changed it to 'the Domino Effect'. I was debating playing with Smokeys name and changing it to 'the Smoke Screen Effect', but wasn't as nice as white smoke.

I've also had a 'Brightspark Owen', which I know is from his sire, 'Dallas Brightspark', but he wasn't exactly a brightspark bless him lol.

We've also had 'The Moose', 'Little Red Rascal', 'Obershade Boy', 'Master Bean', 'Mischief Maker' and 'The Full Monty' between my sister and I, and now I ride 'Gucci's Glory' - bleurgh!!

Bexcy-bee x

PolarSkye

Visit site
Friend of mine has a lovely big ISH geldiing called . . . Cuddles.

As an aside, Kal is Polish, as is his passport. The Polish word for "name" is "nazwa" . . . previous owner told me that the people she bought him from used to enter him as "Nazwa Kali" . . . and "Kali" is Albanian for "horse" . . . so . . . passport name is "Name Horse" ;).

P

Hedwards

Visit site
I've had a Lady Cover Girl (Betty) and a Queen of Hearts (Connie)... Both relatively nice names... Now I have 'Offshore Mick' (Mickey) which makes be imagine a big burly offshore oil wrig worker... But he's actually a very poncy effeminate thoroughbred!

Bobbly

Visit site
I've had a TB called My Life's Ambition (Jack), a filly born in 2000 called Miss Millenium (Millie) who's mum was another TB called Blueberry Dreamer! (Mister Tudor by Majority Blue x Dream Shared) Also knew of another TB mare at the National Stud called Hairbrush! (poor mare).
Currently have a coloured mare called Miss T - Fi (which I hate) and my connie who I had to name as he only had his prefix noted, Brodella Fiontar by Castelstrange Fionn by Abbeyleigh Fionn. (Fiontar being Irish for 'risk or venture', which he was as I bought him from a dealer here with the promise of his papers to come over from Ireland).

khalswitz

Visit site
I've had a grey called Minstrel (a bay I could understand but grey?), my old lad was Khalswitz, current one Praetorian Guard.

Have known horses called Precious Bane, Herbie Rides Again, Prizonerof Azkaban, Granda, and Noddy to name a few...

Madam Min

Visit site
Our ISH is Kilcloghan Buffet, sire French Buffet, our old horse passport name DJ Capper, named after the person who bred him, we called him Da Dealer as he was by Lightening Dealer and my OH's old event horse was Joyce, she was a Dutch WB and the year she was foaled all those named going into the studbook were given a name beginning with J.

Arniebear

Visit site
I have a dark bay called Mendlesham cuz well he was born in Mendlesham... Such a shame as his parentage have good names so they could have played with them a bit!! Heyho hes stuck with it now as i want to affilate him!! Thankfully i changed his stable name which was aaron to arnie!! My tb was called colonna lecca so i ran him under freddie steady go - stable name was freddie!