Weird feeling in hind legs???

Olivia16

Visit site
Have recently noticed that when I canter or gallop my horse it feels like he kind of hops or crosses his hind legs or something. It's hard to explain. When I pull him up and go again he is fine. It only happens for a few strides. He never does it in trot.He is fine on the lunge. Just wondering would anyone know what it could be?

Thank you:)

ibot

Visit site
Does it feel like its not all collected?? My horse sometimes when going into canter feels all uncoordinated I blame it on him not maybe having enough impulsion cuz a lot of the power comes from behind?? does that make sense??? could explain it better if we had a cuppa lol!!!

Have you had your horses back checked???

Tiffany

Visit site
Could be one of a number of things. How old is the horse? If it's in early training it could be balance. if it's an older horse that was ok but now doesn't feel right I would have checked out. Hoppy behind can sometimes indicate suspensory problems so best to have investigated then at least you know what you are dealing with.

Olivia16

Visit site
He is 14 years old. I have only noticed it in the last couple of days. I will call the vet.
Thank you for your replies.