Weird question - Can horses eat pears?

VioletStripe

Visit site
As title really :cool: Am experimenting with different veggies and things to see if my bizarre hoss likes them - he doesn't like apples?! Carrots he enjoys though.. swedes he won't touch :rolleyes: So, anyway, weird and possibly very obvious question, can horses eat pears? Wanted to be sure they weren't harmful before I shoved one in his feed bucket! xx

team barney

Visit site
Horses can definitely eat pears, they are very popular in my experience :)

Have you tried bananas? They seem to polarise horses, some love them others hate them.

FanyDuChamp

Visit site
I think horses are like us, they have different tastes. Fany loves parsnips, Captain thinks they are the devil's work. But loves polos, which Fany doesn't like. But they both love swedes and brussels. Captain can take or leave pears, they are Fany's favourites. Neither like bananas!
FDC

Venevidivici

Visit site
Mine absolutely loves bananas! Spots you approaching with one and starts to get excited. He'll eat the skin quite happily but I still peel it for him-I can't quite stomach watching him eat the skin:-/

Venevidivici

Visit site
In fact,he tries to nick whatever you are eating-have had half a ham sandwich sucked out of my fingers from over my shoulder,just as I was about to take a bite!