Weird things you see out hacking...

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
Was out enjoying a longer hack when the usual bridleway had been blocked off. Decided just to go round the road to come out and other side rather than turning back and ended up in the cycling part of ironman tournament. Medival reenactments in the woods. There were llamas near our farm which new horses always took a while to get used to, especially as these would run along side the fence for a a hundred meters or so.

Pilib

Visit site
Quite normal to us but weird to most is we hack past a local wildlife park and the Tiger enclosure is right up against the road, they prowl up and down the fence and this time of year there is only a few feet between us!

Limbo1

Visit site
Nothing too odd I feel left out! The only one I had was a tramp asleep across a bridleway - thought he was dead until I got close.

Not riding but walking back from yard down bridle path when I was a teenager - Women, dog and screaming child walking along tangled in a kite. Man walking few paces behind. As I got closer she started screaming that he had tried to kill her and to keep away!! I assumed domestic and walked quickly on. I saw a friend riding further on and she said "Did you see that man? He had his hands round that women's neck!!!!" Bit scary when you are 14!

Pippity

Visit site
I feel very boring. I think the weirdest I've seen is the guy who's a regular on the TPT, who scoots along on some kind of skis with wheels. About half the horses I know who've encountered him have been very unimpressed, but he always seems surprised when horses shy at him. You'd think he'd have figured it out by now.

meesha

Visit site
few years ago now but clattering on road followed by 2 stags heading directly towards us - horse froze and stags skidded to halt and jumped wall rather than run past us, horse didnt seem at all bothered !! we also sometimes see one of the exhibits from wookey hole which is a dinosaur/monster in a cage which is towed on a trailer !!.

Annagain

Visit site
Out hacking with a friend once and we interrupted two men enjoying each other's company. One panicked and ran off down the bridle path with his trousers round his ankles. The second tried to leap into the hedge (painful!) but it was autumn and there were nowhere near enough leaves so we saw EVERYTHING. We thought the whole thing was hilarious until we caught up with the trousers round ankles man - not deliberately but he wasn't moving very fast - and my friend realised it was her friend's husband...... Awkward. She didn't say a word to him and spent the whole way home asking me whether she should tell her friend. By the time we got back she had her friend on the phone. Husband had told her everything and was leaving and apparently it was all my friend's fault!