Welcome, Hermosa

Caol Ila

Visit site
I thought my baby PRE should have her own thread, now that she has arrived. She was worried about the getting off the lorry and it took some faff and convincing. But when she did, she sensibly made her way down the ramp, instead of launching into space. Unfortunately, the lorry was so efficient that we didn't have much time to make up her bed. OH got a crash course from the barn staff in laying down a bed instead of being a photographer, while I led Hermosa around the yard. She was really good for a two-year old. Then we put her into the stable. She was happy once hay appeared and ignored the sounds of construction in the background, but acted a bit worried by horses going back and forth. There wasn't a lot of activity at her old yard. Hopefully, she will soon get used to that. But she let me brush her and pick up her front feet.

Here are the best of our rubbish photos. I'll get some better ones later. She sweated up a bit on the lorry ride.

IMG_0244.JPG

Hermosa1.jpg

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Her head is so like Deza :) Lovely girl, I'll look forward to your progress reports.

Congratulations!

Tarragon

Visit site
How exciting! She looks lovely and I am looking forward to seeing how she develops.
I love your airy stable barn too :)

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Yeah, she's from the South Side of Glasgow, and her breeder has conveniently put her pedigree on her website: https://www.foresideandalusianstud.com/bozenas-hermosa.html

Gypsum hasn't met her yet. They're not stabled next door to one another, and Gypsum likes to eat horses to I don't let her touch noses with things.
Aha! My horse (<<< in avatar) is your filly's uncle! Macetero is lovely, and the breeding on this side is exceptionally good old Bocado lines. Congratulations.

Last edited:

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
That's awesome. I met Dad at the stud. He's running with the broodmares and youngstock, and he was beautiful and seemed very kind and gentle.
Yes, the line has lovely temperaments, if quite sensitive. The stud are well into the whole natural stuff, so she won't have been mollycoddled. Macetero is by the same sire as mine, and out of a half sister of his, so they are actually 3/4 brothers AND uncle/nephew.

Last edited:

Caol Ila

Visit site
Stupid bureaucracy question. @Cortez and @shortstuff99, I'm doing paperwork for the BAPSH ownership transfer stuff, and it is asking me for "nationality." Does that mean the country where I live and where the horse lives, or my actual nationality, like my passport? Those are very different answers!

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Stupid bureaucracy question. @Cortez and @shortstuff99, I'm doing paperwork for the BAPSH ownership transfer stuff, and it is asking me for "nationality." Does that mean the country where I live and where the horse lives, or my actual nationality, like my passport? Those are very different answers!
Lovely looking horse you've got there! I think it is your nationality as in passport.