Well done John

SJFAN

Visit site
Certain experts have mentioned Nick's lower leg position in the past. However as Tim Stockdale says "the horse hasn't read the books" and "what matters is consistency in riding". My only reservation about Nick's riding (and I've seen him since he was in YRs) is that he wants to adapt horses' ways of going to himself, whereas for my money, the absolute best of them e.g. David Broome, John Whitaker and Mark Todd, modify their way of riding to suit each different horse, almost always striking up an almost instant rapport.

Murphy88

Visit site
I thought Nick went for the wrong fence. The commentators said the horse had backed off and then stopped, but it looked to me like he was headed for the purple upright, backwards, instead of the fence next to it, and so nick pulled the horse out. I didn't even notice it first time, but my Mum was adamant he'd gone for the wrong fence and when they sowed it again it did look like that!

I thought John round an amazing round, and the last polein the jump off was such a shame. That said, the little chestnut never looked like touching a fence - i thought my 15.2 boy had a pop, but that mare was unbelievable.

BBH

Visit site
I'm not sure what to expect from commentators, are they literally saying what they see or are we supposed to learn something about showjumping. My non - horsey family were stuck watching with me yesterday and they said they wouldn't have picked up what was happening without my input. We do like Mike Tuckers voice though, very manly. and John Whittaker was a total star and so unlucky.

cazza

community.webshots.com
Watching it yesterday on the television and seeing the jump off really brought back memories of the old days when the Irish Draught cross was the sports horse to have and they would have the occasional small horse/pony in the jump off, could have been watching an olympia jump off of 20 years ago. It was a most heart warming performance from both competitors, I bet the atmosphere in there yesterday was electric.

Scribbles

Visit site
Ditto cazza
smile.gif

It's nice when every class in a BSJA isn't dominated by 17hh SJ warmbloods.

I used to feel completely out of place competing on my little 15.3, it's good to see a little horse who might not be fashionable, but can certainly beat them!

onceuponatime

Visit site
I agree, well done Ben! He was amazing to watch on Wonderboy but then again Wonderboy is an amazing horse and 'yes' Georgie did a fabulous job on schooling him and producing him - he is an absolute credit to her and let's not forget she also rode Kanselier and Little Lefanie, who again she did a superb job with!