Well done Tina!!!

gloster_image

Visit site
Individual bronze so pleased for her!! Miners Frolic is a seriously classy horse and she has put up a seriously world class performance the whole way through the competition, well done!!
Really pleased for Gina Miles i absolutely adore McKinlaigh! And also so pleased for Henreike!!! Nice to see a "professional amateur" do so well!!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Well done indeed.
I mentioned yesterday that to me he appeared to be the fittest horse round the XC course, I wonder if it's anything to do with being involved with racing, did she get him fitter than the rest I wonder?
Now to start thinking about 2012, I bet the top event riders are looking at their stables and considering who they can aim there..

Rachel_M

Visit site
Another well done for her from me, I am so glad for her, they both deserve it.

Plus another huge well done for "Dentist"- If there ever was a winner who I would want to win as much as a British winner, it would be those two.
smile.gif

Finally, last but definitely not least, well done Team GB for Bronze.
laugh.gif

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Well done indeed.
I mentioned yesterday that to me he appeared to be the fittest horse round the XC course, I wonder if it's anything to do with being involved with racing, did she get him fitter than the rest I wonder?
Now to start thinking about 2012, I bet the top event riders are looking at their stables and considering who they can aim there..

[/ QUOTE ]

There was an article in H&H last week, and she said she hadn't done that much extra work with him, he was prepared as normal (occasionally did exercise with a rug on and was rugged up more than normal) and just made a little bit fitter. By that I'm guessing she has her horses fitter than most normally!
He really did look outstanding, and she rode him beautifully!
Loved Gina Myles horse, and Henrich's horse is just such a geniune animal!

kibob

Visit site

Well done Tina, so pleased for her and what a superb horse, he's certainly going to be one to watch out for in the future. Also, well done to team GB, you did us all proud
smile.gif

Gonetofrance

Visit site
Fab result for her....I did think she was going to struggle to come back to that level for a while, so it's magic to see her do it.
RE the fitness issue, he's a clean bred TB, and I think a fair proportion of the others were cross bred.
I love TBs and to me he is the perfect event horse, with a class, stamina, elegance and quality. He was an absolute picture in every phase.......
Brilliant!!!!
grin.gif

cefyl

Visit site
Well done to Tina. A fabulous and deserved achievement, Miners Frolic, what a class horse. I was rooting for Mary as I feel she sooo deserves individual Gold but her time will come.

But pleased also for Hinrich, a true Olympian in every sense, not a pro rider, one horse at that level, and it clearly meant so much to him and he really does love that horse. Nice to see his family there. He is a genuinely nice chap. Of all the horses Marius is the one I would take home, he had such a look of "loving it" through every phase, what a sweety.

And McKinlaigh, glad to see his detractors in the USA proved wrong. Another class horse, totally dependable and 100% trustworthy to give his all without fuss.

Above all it was a wonderful result all round with no major injuries bar the hairline fracture but even that is postive. Some had their share of bad luck, but they will live to fight another day. It was a good format for the location and event as an Olympic discipline, and we could not have had a more nail biting finale.

Now onto the pure dressage and SJ. More sleepless nights. But the tv coverage here has been brilliant. Family in the US said not so thorough there so we are lucky (though I'll bet NBC did cover the final round well with Gina in there).

FFF

Visit site
Wow...she did really well. She most be on top of the world. I am so glad Hinriche won, his horse is lush. To be quite honest I had never heard of Gina but she did fab and I love McKinligh almost as much as Marius.

I am only 14, but seeing that was amazing.
smile.gif

Well Done Tina AND Team GB
laugh.gif

mickey

Visit site
What a fantastic result. You could see how very much it meant to her. Bet she will be on cloud nine for quite a long time. Plenty of extra carrots for Miner's Frolic. Loved watching it today.
I also adore Spring Along.

k1963

Visit site
Absolutely delighted for her ! I read an article a while ago in which she stated that the Olympics was ' The Dogs B*llocks' as far as she was concerned & she felt she'd never get there .

Miners Frolic looked brilliant & performed brilliantly .
I also loved Marius ( the German Dentist's horse ) & would happily have my teeth seen to my him ( the Dentist , not the horse
grin.gif
) in exchange for a ride on Marius & I've got a dental phobia !

xcgirl

Visit site
Really pleased for Tina-and to think she was only reserve! I have to admit to wishing the others to have a few poles down
blush.gif
but love Marius-what a genuine horse and really pleased that if Tina wasn't going to get the gold that it was him.
Thrilled for Team GB-great performances, can't wait for 2012!!
grin.gif