Well I never..!

Skhosu

Visit site
Turned the new mare out today with our others. Let my big lad and her out first, as he's sensible. So she waved her tail, squirted, backe dup inot him and generally behaved like a complete slut! He then got very excited (know what I mean
wink.gif
and let everything 'hang loose', sniffing all over, and she decided to inspect his goods! I have never seen this behaviour before, and my lad was certainly very upset by it, as most men would be I imagine!
blush.gif

She then proceeded to do exactly the same with both of our other geldings and both took offence also, has anyone else ever seen a mare behaving in this way?
It was just the look on the boys faces, if only horses couild blush!
blush.gif

So now the 13hh is following her around, charging at the 17hh every time they get close, and trying to herd up 'his' mare all the time. Unfortunately for him, she wants to greet everyone.
We have now spent all evenings laughing ourselves silly, and thankfully they've settled down to grass although we had to take one out as he was attacking her and trying to injure here but he will eventually see the light I'm sure!

niashadow

Visit site
Yes similar, weaned my 50% Arabian colt and turned him out with my friends friendly cob cross. As they both new each other very well, i thought they would take comfort from each other as Mum was taken elsewhere.
The colt started to SUCKLE the gelding urgently trying to get his fix, fortunately for baby older gelding didnt mind one bit to our utter amazement.
This continued for several days and had everyone in fits.
He's 10 now and thank god drinks water with the rest of them
shocked.gif

TequilaMist

Visit site
My clydesdale x TB used to force herself onto my friends poor gelding when she could and refused to take no for answer practically chased him round the paddock one day.Don't think she was his type - he was a very dainty arab!!!!!!!!

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The colt started to SUCKLE the gelding urgently trying to get his fix, fortunately for baby older gelding didnt mind one bit to our utter amazement.

[/ QUOTE ]

blush.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif

Grey_Arab

Visit site
Opposite way around really, but we have a little 12hh pony gelding in the riding school that will jump fences between feilds to get in with the mares and then preceeds to pester them instead, even when the mare is clearly not interested!!!!!