well ive sold my cob now please help me find a quite hack !!

wildwest

Visit site
well my little cob is of to his new home tomorrow.
so now all i need is to find a 14.2hh to 15hh
well mannered hack
crazy.gif

my budget is v low as i just took a huge loss on the little
fella
frown.gif
as he needed the right home
age looks etc not important.
dont even want to jump .
does anyone know of anything ?
grin.gif

251libby

Visit site
You sold your horse quick!

Lots of people are looking for small safe hacks, they are in high demand, what is your budget?

wildwest

Visit site
im in essex willing to travel a fair distance within reason !!
i think the ad is a too good to be true lol
too far to take a chance on lol

LindyLulu

Visit site
try the ehpps rescue place at pitsea (i'm in Essex too) they have plenty of horses that would be ideal. go on the website and have a look or speak to Sue who runs it. good luck x

Theresa_F

Visit site
Glad you sold him ok. If I had room for him, I would have had him like a shot as he looked a nice sort and sounds very much like Stinky can be if given the chance or left without work.

I don't know of anything that you are looking for or under £1,500 but if I hear of anything I will email you. I do hope you find what you are looking for.

Theresa_F

Visit site
Shame you are not closer to me, or you could have hacked out one of mine with me. Though a big girl, Farra is a dream hack and Stinky is lovely, though a little more forward going, is always safe. The kids love it when I say they can ride them out for me as they are such fun and well behaved.

Unfortuntely, not that they are ever for sell, ones like mine sell for £4,000 - £5,000 - I had to pay £4,000 for Farra last year and have turned down £5,000 for Stinky twice this year.

You might find something like them but a bit older for about £2,000, but if it is a heavy type, do get the joints checked out as they can have problems but are normally tough and in good health in all other aspects.

Parkranger

Visit site
hiya,

For what it's worth I'd buy something alot older and wiser!

A cob, even at 10/11 has the potential to be a pain in the butt so you really do need to buy carefully.

My mare is 14.2 and a section c/d and there is no way she is a novice ride or even a child's ride so take your time and hopefully something will come up.

Best ofluck x

Ranyhyn

Visit site
You can do it, I didn't pay a lot more, or a lot less, for my 12yo (now 13) ISH who is solid as a rock, granted he has handling issues, but once on you are as safe as houses and he would never put a foot out of place, bless him.

grandmaweloveyou

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
just looked ...............
im too impatient to fill out forms and with xmas around the corner it could be weeks lol .

[/ QUOTE ]
I would suggest that you take a bit more time this time and try the slower way i.e. forms etc otherwise you may end up in the same predicament?
meant in the nicest possible way
blush.gif

Troylimbo1

Visit site
I liked the look of the 1st one for my kids, looks and sound lovely. I wouldn't personally go for part arab if you are going for safe and sensible.
Why don't you go and see. It can't hurt. Whats your budget by the way?

Storminateacup

2nd star on the right and straight on 'til morning
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Have you considered loaning a rescue pony? Many of those are loaned as hackers due to injuries etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and when they get well again, or back to health and soundness they often turn out to be problem horses, in that they are not schooled and their quietness has been due to the poor condition or unsoundness!!! - not a good idea I think.

If you haven't got much money best to save up a while and buy something suitable from somewhere like SAFECOBS.
My friend has bought a fabulous cob from them recently.
cool.gif

wildwest

Visit site
i rang the 1st one
who know turns out to be "slightly bolshy "
and "wont stand to be mounted " lol
ill pass :}
no answer from the pt arab