Well that clip failed!

SuperCoblet

Visit site
Set off intending on doing just a blanket clip, set out with magic calm, cotton wool in ears, homoeopathic calming remedy (designed for him) and mum with a bucket of chaff.
He was being so good and the cotton wool really helps, the first side went ok, then he spooked and i had to take it a bit higher :rolleyes: and still slightly wonky, next side was perfect however completely different to the other, much lower which meant i would have had to taken it much higher and the other side needed straightening, so i said sod it and chopped it all off :D Used a half pad and permanent marker to do the saddle bit but tempted to clip that off too... bless him he was so good! Its a good job we bought new clippers too instead of the liveryman harmony ones we bought the lister ones...brilliant they are :)

Anyway... heres the poor not-so-hairy coblet! Please excuse his extreme fatness... he is on a diet!
Before...soprting the unicorn look
P181112_1335.jpg

And after... sporting the zebra look!
P181112_1438.jpg

Jesstickle

Visit site
Very smart :)

I gave BH a whole tube of sedalin and twitched him to clip and he still broke my clippers :mad:

He looks like your clippers would have worked hard judging by how hairy his saddle patch is. :D

SuperCoblet

Visit site
Very smart :)

I gave BH a whole tube of sedalin and twitched him to clip and he still broke my clippers :mad:

He looks like your clippers would have worked hard judging by how hairy his saddle patch is. :D

Thank you :) I really do recommend the cotton wool idea, gypsy's petrified of the harmony clippers, let alone the louder ones! we cant twitch him as it makes his nose blue and it makes him headshy :(

And yes, he was a serious hairy beasty :D Can't manage to do his head though so hes bald witha super hairy head :D

swintondesire

Visit site
Dont worry about the stripes in a few days you wont see them they will even out. at least you got him done we ended up paying 80 for vet one day as half way through clipping the horse decided he didnt want it done!! he had to have to injections to knock him out!

SuperCoblet

Visit site
Dont worry about the stripes in a few days you wont see them they will even out. at least you got him done we ended up paying 80 for vet one day as half way through clipping the horse decided he didnt want it done!! he had to have to injections to knock him out!

Aah yes, been there before :rolleyes: spending £50 every time we wanted to clip him was not fun!

redriverrock

Visit site
So glad I am not the only one! I started out with the intention of doing a bib, then a blanket and then we finished with this...

picture.php

Was his first clip and mine too so dont think we did to bad but will need to do abit of tidying up...will leave that for another day. He certainly seems alot happier and isnt wet through after 5 mins work...your coblet looks like he has a pretty good winter coat too.

redriverrock

Visit site
It may just be me (I am abit weird) but once I got going I found the whole thing quite addictive...spent way more time than I needed getting it all tidy, the saddle patch was abit dodgy but Shrek (horsey being clipped) was getting pretty bored so had to stop...hence the beach donkey expression in the photo :rolleyes:

mik

Visit site
Love it and him, and yes I have done this, horse moves clippers fly, trace goes to blanket clip and ends up naked !!! LOL redriverrock, wonderful ;)

SuperCoblet

Visit site
Just a quick one... hes out 24/7 usually up a cold field next to a hill, currently on our paddock, out during the day and in/hard standing at night.
I know it all depends on the individual, but he is currently in his fleece and lightweight with neck on top. However fleece keeps slipping down. He will be in his medium weight with neck up the hill field. will he be ok? is it worth buying an under rug as his medium weight needs a neck attachment and thats only a lightweight and it folds up so i was thinking putting a warmer rug underneath his lightweight combo?

I hope that makes sense :eek: