Well, That's the Grazing Gone!

JAK

Visit site
I'd be happy to trundle over & chuck hay at them several times a day but I don't want to feed everybody else's as well & I'd like them to have some turnout time!
frown.gif

I wonder if we could all arrange something between us maybe, as they really do just hang around the gate looking piddled off a lot of the time in winter!
There are seven ponies in the pony field, so if we all took turns in going over a couple of times a day & dishing out a bale of hay a time......? (Most come in at night in winter, so they'd get plenty overnight as well!)

Frazer

Visit site
Are grazing is very bad too, we spilt up the fields so we could switch them over, but even them fields are rubbish!! Mine is a tb showjumper - very bad doer.. and shes having 3 feeds a day and coming in at night. .hehehe

Perdie

Visit site
Oh dear me. That sounds awful JAK. It's still lovely and green down here. When I bring mine in, they don't touch their hay for quite a while, they are too bloated. Maybe I shouldn't have said this? I get the feeling that you (everyone) aren't going to like me much now?

sojeph

Visit site
How about putting a big round bale in and splitting the cost between you all. That way no-one has to go back and forth and the horses are occupied all day!

JAK

Visit site
Poor little TB - at least ours are all 'good doer' ponies but it's still a worry & an unnecessary & unwanted expense at this time of year!

And yes, even with the fields 'split up', it doesn't really help much, does it, as the grass just isn't growing!
frown.gif

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I get the feeling that you (everyone) aren't going to like me much now?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nonsense! Quite the opposite......in fact we've decided to come & live with you! (Just loading up the trailer now! LOL)
grin.gif

Lucky you though, that still has grass!
We are struggling here already, due to total lack of grass, plus straw has gone right up in price of course, yard has nowhere near enough for winter (thank goodness we use Easibed!) & people are moaning already!
It's going to be a very long winter!
frown.gif

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
How about putting a big round bale in and splitting the cost between you all. That way no-one has to go back and forth and the horses are occupied all day!

[/ QUOTE ]
Just worried about my 'boys' getting kicked, as one or two of the others have a definite lack of 'field manners' but otherwise, yes, that would be the most obvious solution!
smile.gif

JAK

Visit site
Yes, I shouldn't moan really, as so many others are in the same boat & many have far more horses/ponies than I do, so even worse for them!
frown.gif

Tia

Visit site
Yes we have been in the same boat for the last week. We haven't had any rain on this farm for 6 weeks now and I started haying the horses last week. Feel like doing the rain-dance!!
cool.gif