Well we did it - Hugo's first show update with pictures ;p

SpottyTB

Visit site
Hi everyone,

Well we did it.. so i'm going to give writing a report a go and hopefully it's ok..

So on Sunday we bathed, scrubbed, shaved, chalked and had a quick practice with the boy.. all but the practice went ok. Hugo decided to go all alpha male with my OH and argue a bit.. and then break into canter - giving me kittens whilst i watched. I laughed, sweated a lot and cried on sunday, i actually asked myself whether it was worth it.

Anyway, OH pulled me out of it and told me to get on with it. So 5am this morning i was up as was MIL/FIL (who were fantastic help), OH had to be practically lynched out of bed but he did it ;). Got down to the yard and began the work, luckily he hadn't rolled and he was still super clean! So all that needed to be done was plaiting his mane and tail and a quick brush over.
Once we'd fiddled and fussed him we decided it was time to go, like the star he is he walked straight into the trailer and traveled like a veteran - didn't hear a peak from him. On arrival he wasn't even sweated and walked out of the trailer nice and calmly.

Trystan walked him around the field/show to try and explain to him what on earth was going on. We were a little confused (to say the least) about the PEOPLE on the horses BACKS :O ;) - his face was a picture.
At around 7.40 Trystan got changed and had a little practice with our friend who shows a lot - she was impressed with how well he listened and picked it up.

We walked Hugo up to the collecting ring where he stood perfectly just watching the lorries/trailers and horses rolling in.

8AM and in they went, i'm currently stood at the side of the ring nearly crying because of how proud i was of him. He walked around nicely, then waited patiently for the horse in front to trot off. Hugo then trotted around the ring beautifully with my OH and didn't honestly put a foot wrong. We were called in second (at this point i'm practically on the floor in tears because he was just behaving so perfectly!)
OH came out, the judge inspected him and asked them to walk away and trot back. He walked beautifully away and typically as he turned to trot a lorry came past (right behind him) and he shot on around a stride - nothing to major and i don't think it was the reason we came where we came but it happened.
OH handled it brilliantly, reassured him and asked him to trot on again, to which he did and floated beautifully past the judge.

Anyway, all in all we came 2nd out of 5 lovely young horses. I am thrilled to pieces with him. 1st place was lovely and looked a bit older/more developed then Hugo, he also won a local show in May - so i didn't expect to beat him. However nor did i expect to get placed - so i am thrilled.

Sorry for the babbling, i am shattered, burnt and hugry so my spellings/grammar etc will probably be as good as a 10 year olds but hopefully you get the jist? (ie; PROUD MOTHER). ;)

Some photo's - enjoy and apologies for the sizes

(posing)
(how we actually felt... ;))

(please excuse the super annoyed looking baby.. he did enjoy it really :) )

SpottyTB

Visit site
Aw thank you :), im still so impressed with him - he had a horse ( the winner ) rearing and throwing itself around next to us and he didn't really move at all and didn't feed of that as an excuse to be naughty too! pleased! :D

SpottyTB

Visit site
CT - I tell you what, he was bloody brilliant. Despite everything he really gave Hugo a good trip over there and on the way home, Hugo walked straight in and travelled really well again :). Putting it all behind us i think.
Trystan's hat was £10 of ebay ;) boosh! haha!

:) Thanks xx

Hoopsa

Visit site
Many, many congratulations! The first time out is always the worst. Well done. Here's to the next show!:):)

SpottyTB

Visit site
Aw thanks guys :) - i am so pleased he was a seriously cool dude about it all :). Lots of people saying well done and admiring him - chuffed! :D