Wellies for the fuller legged female! Curvy so to speak

Barbersboy

New User
Visit site
Ladies and Gents,
Last October I became the proud owner of a pair of Jileon Wellies - the extra wide version with the 53cm calf. Well I was in heaven, they fit, my legs were not strangulated and my feet were dry. So we are now a year on and these wellies have been my best friend, worn pretty much all winter twice a day to tend to my horse.
the downside is they split - just by my big toe joint on both feet :( So i dutifully bought a repair kits for waders and set about resealing the splits. The wellies rested on a plinth in the house whilst they accepted the bonding agent and formed a once again waterproof haven for my tootsies. this lasted for about a month and then the sealant peeled off like a wet lettuce. Added to this I noticed the sole of said wellies is now so thin i am risk of walking barefoot.
I really need something higher than an ankle boot as there are areas of my yard that exceed the ankle height in water/muck heap liquid (!)

So , what to do? purchase another pair of super wide at £54.99 or seek a harder wearing alternative. Anyone any advice for me. List below of the brands I have tried that do not fit ones calves.

Dunlop
Muck Boots
Gallop thermal boots (velcro side tab ones)

Lexi_

Visit site
Which style Dunlops don’t fit? Full length or calf length? I also have wide calves and their mid-calf fleece lined winter ones fit me and did sterling service last year. The only downside is due to me, not them -I must have really pointy heels because I’ve worn a hole in the fleece on both of them and they’re fit for the bin now :(

I’m considering ankle length yard boots and waterproof gaiters instead as I hate walking in wellies generally and I’ve somehow ended up with a pair of the gaiters from somewhere.

Annagain

Visit site
My sister has a a similar issue (combined with size 3 feet!). I think you may struggle to find any as wide as the Jileon ones, they're the only ones she's found that she can wear. It may be worth contacting them and say you love them but are really disappointed they've split so soon - they might give you a new pair? Worth a try, they can only say no. If you are given / buy a new pair, could you try putting some insoles into make the soles feel a bit thicker?

Barbersboy

New User
Visit site
I tried the mid calf dunlops and it was a no go - just been looking online at my local builder merchant at some rigger boots, not so keen on having the steel toe cap though.

Barbersboy

New User
Visit site
My sister has a a similar issue (combined with size 3 feet!). I think you may struggle to find any as wide as the Jileon ones, they're the only ones she's found that she can wear. It may be worth contacting them and say you love them but are really disappointed they've split so soon - they might give you a new pair? Worth a try, they can only say no. If you are given / buy a new pair, could you try putting some insoles into make the soles feel a bit thicker?

Jileon do offer a 12 month warranty and I am outside of it, did look into it. I just feel that even though they are wide and lovely fit, they are not made for anything more than romantic walks in the park through wet leaves. Such a shame

Shooting Star

Visit site
I got an email from jileon with a 15% discount code today so if the jileon ones work for you I’d say get the ones you like and use the promo code BONFIRE15 🙂

{97702}

Visit site
I would second Aigile Parcours wellies - I never thoight I'd pay that much for a pair of welles, and admittedly it is relatively early days for them yet, but SO comfortable and nice to wear! I am a real convert :)

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i am on my 5th winter with my aigle parcours wellies and i have wide calves. if they leak this year i will def buy another pair as they are really comfy, warm and waterproof....i have never paid £160 for a pair of wellies but it was well worth it IMO,,

{97702}

Visit site
i am on my 5th winter with my aigle parcours wellies and i have wide calves. if they leak this year i will def buy another pair as they are really comfy, warm and waterproof....i have never paid £160 for a pair of wellies but it was well worth it IMO,,

I got mine brand new for £90 online. I'm sorry SplashGirl45 :eek: :)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Try a different make! My Aigles have last four years and still going strong - neoprene linned and nice and cosy.

My Aigles lasted 6 weeks!

OP if you have found a make that last a whole year,at £54, I would get another pair. I have been through a long list of more expensive wellies that didn't last anywhere near as long as that!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Tyne mucker boots, suitable for riding in. The neoprene ones are the only ones that fit my massive calves bar Jileon.

I actually contacted them some years ago when it was a new company to whinge that whilst I loved the concept/design, mine had split and were wrecked. The owner swore they were improving the materials, but at almost £60, despite the 15% off, I’m reluctant to buy more. Luckily, the yard is at the top of a hill, so we’re not knee deep in mud like the last yard which was at the bottom of the same hill!

miss_c

Visit site
I have the more expensive heavy duty Jileon wellies, wear them every day in winter to do 16 horses and they’ve not died yet!

....I’ve just jinxed it haven’t I....

skint1

Visit site
I have the more expensive heavy duty Jileon wellies, wear them every day in winter to do 16 horses and they’ve not died yet!

....I’ve just jinxed it haven’t I....
I have those too, my first pair lasted 2 winters, which I thought was fair enough considering I wore them every day for mucking out and whatnot