Wellies - need a pair! Any recommendations?

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
As title :D After 4 years of neglecting and therefore killing my Ariats and replacing them, I have decided that I should probably get some wellies for general yard work, the added bonus being that when it is wet and muddy I'll have warm and dry feet and won't have ruined my riding boots!

Are there any types which people recommend, or any I should avoid?

Creme eggs on offer for help! :D

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
I love my Muck Company ones.................but some report they eat their ankles!:eek:
mucmbgretafuc_3.jpg

Bobbly

Visit site
Argyll. Plain black regular farmers boots with a red line around the top and a good pair of woollen socks.. I gave up with 'designer' wellies after having been through nearly every make and splitting them all.

Missmac

Visit site
I got an emergency cheapo pair of wellies from b&q for £8.
They are really comfy and really warm. Dont know how long they will last bit when they die i will definately be getting another pair!

spider

community.webshots.com
Ha ha getting his own back for Bailey eating my hair! I randomly got mine on a visit to Wales but I think Widmer and places like that do them. There are lots on Ebay but they are heavy so the postage is quite high. Only thing I would say is mine are quite slippery in snow and if I bought another pair I would go for ones with a better tread. They also do a style that you can ride in but they were too long in the leg for me.

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
Ha ha getting his own back for Bailey eating my hair! I randomly got mine on a visit to Wales but I think Widmer and places like that do them. There are lots on Ebay but they are heavy so the postage is quite high. Only thing I would say is mine are quite slippery in snow and if I bought another pair I would go for ones with a better tread. They also do a style that you can ride in but they were too long in the leg for me.

Hmm, I am after a pair with a good tread as I don't want to help myself go @rse over tit anymore than I already do! I wouldn't ride in them so that's not a concern. I had a look round Widmer today but they seem quite pricey so I think I'll try and find them online :)

Yep, that is what I reckon he was doing! I do love him though :D

Merlin11

Visit site
I recently bought a pair of seeland estate Wellies. They are very comfy and warm, have very good sturdy soles on them and have not eaten my ankles!