Wellies

Irishcobs

Visit site
I need a new pair of wellies and would like some recommendations.
I live in my wellies, I probably spend 12 hours a day in them, walking up to 5 miles through deep mud at work.
I need some that won't wear to quickly or split. I bought a pair of Seelands at a descent price but they went at the seams after 3 weeks.
I don't have a huge budget so don't want to keep buying new boots every couple of months. Any recommendations would be great.

TigerTail

Visit site
i work in agriculture and get nora dolomites - v tough and hard wearing. However if I wasnt often covered in poo, which th nora's are resistant to, and it was more dirty walking, id be getting le chameaus - worth the investment :D

s4sugar

Visit site
Dunlops - the tenner ones with the grey soles. Invest another tenner is a good pair of walking boot insoles. I wear these day in, day out running kennels and I get a year out of each pair.

Mizzbecx

Visit site
My vote is for either muckboots or hunters, I find my feet are much warmer in the muckboots, a little pricey but I didn't have to replace my muckboots for 5 years and only did because I teared them - my own fault I think they'd still be going now if I hadn't :)

DosyMare

Visit site
I have Hunters and Muck Boots and both are great. I find Muck Boots heavy but warm in winter.

Talking to friends at the stables who have bought cheaper wellies they have split and leak within weeks of buying.

Burmilla

Visit site
Le Chameux every time! You get what you pay for. Lovely,beautiful fit, warm and very durable. Or you could be ultra posh and get some Dubarrys ! I'd just feel anxious about slopping around in mud and muck in them - but apparently they do stay waterproof. Let us know what you get. Def not Hunters, as others have said, they used to be the best but they are no longer.

Frosty89

Visit site
I have hunters, admittedly they don't keep me very warm (even with the fleece lining socks) but I think they look nice and so far mine have been durable.

I've had Muck Boot & Co ones before as well, and they kept my feet warmer but the rubber up the front and back came loose very quickly on mine and then didn't become waterproof. Yet everyone else I know loves them!

Bestdogdash

Visit site
Le Chameau every time for me, just had to replace my old pair after 8 very happy dry years !

Totally agree ! Had mine for 15 years - still going strong, fab! The ultimate wellie. . Also I bought a pair of Zoo boots - sort of wellies. As comfortable and warm as Uggs, look great, totally waterproof. Had them about 6 months and they have lived on v muddy walks - so far thumbs up.

smellsofhorse

Visit site
Im so fed up with bellies braking.
Pay good money for a good pair and still not lasting.

I've taken to buying cheap wellies from primark, supermarkets etc.
£10 -£12 for a pair that last about 3-4 weeks instead of around £60+ for a pair that last from 2 to 6 months at best.