Wellies????

turnbuckle

Visit site
Mild vote for Aigle Parcours ISO. Good quality/price balance and comfortable. Dunlops and other farmers wellies are much better value really but not very nice to wear.

Current pair have lasted me a year, which is good going for me.

ceva

Visit site
Hi,
I have aigle neoprene, but I hate them, they are excellent wellies, but every time I wear them my socks end up on my toes and I am barefoot in them, then I cant get them off easily to 'right' my socks, I have tried different socks, low socks high socks, nothing seems to work, I have persevered with them for 2 years and I think they are guaranteed a lifetime. I am going to invest in the grubs frostline, expensive but heard they are brilliant.

Visit site
I LOVE my Aigle Parcours. The grip is the best I have found so far, have found previous Hunters and Muck Boots to be a bit slippy. Mine are in their 3rd year of daily use and still going strong. Also, if you wear them for walking any distance (I do, with the dog) they have a lovely flexible ankle so you don't stomp about like you do in some others.

whizzer

Visit site
Aigles, got sick of wellies not lasting long so splashed out on some neoprene lined Aigles 3 or 4 years ago,still going strong & worth every penny.

southerncomfort

Visit site
Must admit that I'm thinking of going back to a more old fashioned type of welly. As much as I like the neoprene ones with thick soles, I find them really heavy and they really aggravate my knackered achillies.

Nettle123

Visit site
Grubbs Frostline. Warm, comfortable, waterproof. Had mine for over a year now, wear them all day once a week working on the yard and a couple of houra most days. Also commit the sin of driving in them.

After reading this I ordered some and they have arrived. Very comfy and warm and a good none slip sole for frosty mornings.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
the puroforts I mentioned are really light weight so probably worth a try for that. I do use semi-hard insoles (superfeet) in them as I have slightly dodgy feet and that still makes them cheaper than most expensive wellies.

their construction is supposed to have small holes in it for insulation too.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
I never wear wellies. I much prefer Ariat H2O boots. The Barnyard ones are half price at Naylors right now. Much more comfortable than wellies and still 100% waterproof. http://www.naylors.com/ariat-barnyard-belle-h2o-country-boots-dark-brown I have just bought a pair and love them.

they completely wouldnt work where I live lol, but they do look nice.

I hate wellies, I really do but it gets to the point with lying water, long wet grass, literal bog in parts of the field etc where nothing else is as easy and effective to use.

acw295

Visit site
I have a pair of Town and Country Premium wellies. Worn most days apart from summer and they are about 3 years old now and no issues at all. I did add sheepskin insoles but no leaks or cracks. They were a present but I think they were under £40.

View

Visit site
Hi,
I have aigle neoprene, but I hate them, they are excellent wellies, but every time I wear them my socks end up on my toes and I am barefoot in them, then I cant get them off easily to 'right' my socks, I have tried different socks, low socks high socks, nothing seems to work, I have persevered with them for 2 years and I think they are guaranteed a lifetime. I am going to invest in the grubs frostline, expensive but heard they are brilliant.

They aren't as expensive as some of the Aigle and Le Chameu ones. Never had a problem with socks in my Grubbs Frostline, whether they are short socks, long socks, knee highs, under trousers/jodhs or on top of them. A year down the line, when they have been extensively tried working in the yard, teaching, accompanying on foot the nervous riders, they still look as good as new when I hose them down. They are still as comfortable and show no signs of wear. The only real drawback is that they are warm in the summer, but that's a compromise I am willing to make to be comfortable.

turnbuckle

Visit site
Tried Grubs twice but found the soles actually NOT at all grippy and they wore out after 9 months. Still when they do you can always cut the tops off to make excellent back door shoes or slippers!

Mike007

Visit site
Wellies and the art of being super groom! "A" has qualified betty for grass roots and this time "L" has said i will groom for you! ++++ +++ I am the groom ! so since the qualification I have been trying to be super groom. What has this to do with wellies ? Well we went to Dauntsey ! Ahh I hear some of you cry in understanding . Lorries towed in ,and out. Liquid mud! "A"s floral wellies had more in common with open toed sandals. I merely handed her a pair of unused hunter wellies and said ,Super groom or what! Follow that Bitch wanabee supergroom.

dalidaydream

Visit site
Question for all those who have Aigle wellies. I find they are the best fit, last the longest and have good arch support which is important if you're going to walk any distance but I find the seam at the back of my Parcours 2 boots rips my socks to shreds. Do the neoprene lined version have the same seam?

I did invest in a pair of Le Chameau but they don't have the same arch support and left me in pain after wearing them twice for walking the dog.

MrsNorris

Visit site
Dunlop blizzards, look a bit daft, but warm, waterproof and comfy and mine are just starting to go around the top after more than a year of heavy wear. Think I only paid about £30 for them, so good value in my book.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Go to your local farmers feed store/shop and buy the ones all the farmers buy. Thats what I did and they've been brilliant. They're bog standard green wellies but Ive worn them to death and they still haven't split unlike many of the horsey type ones. If farmers wear them then they must be good ;)