Welly infestation

little_critter

Visit site
I keep coming up with bites on my ankles. My latest suspicion is that whatever is eating me is living in my wellies.
What (if anything) can I treat my wellies with to kill the little critters. And will it be safe to put my feet back in my wellies after that treatment?

be positive

Visit site
Well yes, but is it safe (chemical-wise) to put my feet in my wellies after treatment? It’s not like I can hoover them out etc.

Why can't you hoover them out, it may not pick up everything but along with shaking them and leaving out in fresh air it seems perfectly safe to me and far better than getting eaten, only other option is throwing them out.

pennyturner

Visit site
Try putting some diatomaceous earth in them, and giving them a good shake around. Dehydrates insects, so will kill your fleas, with no harmful chemicals, so your feet are safe.

LaurenBay

Visit site
Do you have Cats?

Cat fleas will bite around the ankles. Hard to spot the little things and they aren't easy to kill. But the bites will drive you insane! I was feeding my grandmas cats whilst she was away and they passed the fleas to me, It took me 4 days to realize why my ankles were covered in bites and itched like mad! Never thought of cat fleas since I don't own a cat myself. Took a lot of cleaning and flea spray to get rid of them.

TreeDog

Visit site
Might not be the most hygienic suggestion but you could try freezing them if they'll fit in your freezer? I think that should kill most things