Welsh Cob stud recommendations?

Trotter81

Visit site
Hi we have had broughton ,janton ,minnyford, horeb ,regal, rhypandy and trofarth,and they have all been good cobs in different ways x

bryngelenponies

www.biopharm-leeches.com
The Derwen stud is fabulous. Ifor and Myfanwy are great. They don't breed many foals now though - only about 5 or 6 per year I think. The stallions they have there are amazing - when we went to buy my present horse, we went into the stables with the stallions - they were so calm and well mannered it was unbelievable. They even have a holiday cottage on site!

Ditto all of the above- I really can't rate them highly enough, and they are very genuine kind people to deal with. They don't breed many foals per year, next year they're expecting 9 foals, but the cobs they breed in my opinion are something very special.

cadefan

Visit site
baaah,you said nationwide :) only 1/2 hour from aberdeen airport, actually there are a few good studs in the area:p

I am based in Sussex and bought my cob unseen from Aberdeenshire! Spent about £350 getting Gillies to bring him down. He is the best horse purchase I have ever made!!

BillyBob-Sleigh

Visit site
Come on holiday to West Wales, we have most of the big well known studs round here, Menai, Horeb, Synod, Derwen, Maesmynach & Nebo to name but a few :) make a week of it & visit them all & you can see what type you want & what suits you best.

I absolutely agree. There are so many different studs with outstanding youngstock it's impossible to tell you which would be best for your needs. However, Navaho has named some of the most well known around here, my advice would be to book a holiday to West Wales and visit some of the studs, there are literally hundreds! (or seem to be lol).