Welsh Section D pedigree

pec

Visit site
gwycul091.jpg

This is me running one of my favorite cobs at the Royal Welsh.

Copyoflamp10b-1.jpg

Here I am with one of his sons at Lampeter.

CC.jpg

And a daughter at Cothi Bridge.

Last edited:

GeorgeyGal

Visit site
Interesting thread, just checked my girls passport and have Tynybryn Concord as g sire, looked it up online and see it is linked to the Nebo Magic so v pleased about that!

belle31

Visit site
My welshie has Thorneyside Flyer as his dad and Nebo Black Magic as his great great grandad and is a strawberry roan like his mother Marlais Royal Lady so Im a happy bunny

Annagain

Visit site
Here's my old boy's breeding http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/sheadon+ebony and the obligatory (much posted sorry!) photos

Aged 26 a few weeks before he died unexpectedly
Ebinfield.jpg

Aged 25 doing the Badminton Ride
badminton2jpg.jpg

He was bred for showing but never quite made it at the top level, which worked out well for me as he was then cut and sold on as a riding pony.

He was the most opinionated, arrogant, bolshy, stubborn, excitable, mad (really mad, practically certifiable) infuriating animal you could ever meet. He was also the most genuine, honest, loving, bombproof boy who would try his heart out for you - if he liked you! A few weeks after that Badminton photo he stopped at a fence with me for the first time in 14 years. I took him straight to the vet who did a workup and couldn't see anything but I knew there was something wrong and insisted on X-rays. We started on front feet and worked our way up and when we got to his knees they were absolutely shot. The vet was amazed he was walking let alone sound. We just did a bit of hacking from then on and he kept doing that right up until he had to be PTS very unexpectedly through colic nearly 2 years later. He really was the horse of a lifetime. I trusted him like I'll never trust another. My best friend however couldn't get him to do a thing for her, he'd walk over her rather than round her and if she sat on him he'd refuse to move - literally would not budge a leg!

Another friend owned his mum (after having his sister aged 4 and him aged 5 she was broken in and sold on) and she was identical in terms of temperament. His full sister however was an RDA pony!

Last edited:

pec

Visit site
Thank-you Patterdale. The top picture I can't really claim the credit for as it is Gwynfaes Culhwch, but the two below are mine, Nantwood Solomon, and Caellyn Chantelle. While I like them in show condition I try and produce cobs for life, not just the show ring. Solomon is now a ridden gelding in Scotland I think but just before gelding he left us with his only progeny, Nantwood Unique pictured here last year at Pontadullais Show as a yearling. He combines some of my favourite blood lines Gwynfaes Culhwch and Horeb Euros.
Copyofphoto1_zps3d8aa729.jpg

Annagain

Visit site
He combines some of my favourite blood lines Gwynfaes Culhwch and Horeb Euros.
Two of my favourites along with Ebbw Victor! A few years ago (must be at least 10 thinking about it!) the Royal Welsh TV coverage (probably only on in Wales!) followed Horeb Euros's preparations for weeks before the RWAS when he was one of the favourites to win. He was a complete darling the whole time they were working with him and they worked so hard getting him ready but he went lame within a few seconds of going into the ring, landing awkwardly after doing a bit of a dance. It was heartbreaking to watch, they were devastated, understandably.

FirstLight

Visit site
I have just read the whole of this thread it is so interesting! Over these soggy months I've spent more time indoors so started to look up my boys family tree, managed to find out quite a bit of info and pics. Sadly there were a few I found nothing on...
There names are Llansantffraed Pride, Ffoslas Welsh Maid, Lyfni Erin, Llansantffraed Gwen, Maylord Mattie, Broughton Ivy, Betty Gwennog, Ross Pioneer, Ebbw Gwen, Thorneyside Flying Lady, Regency Raindrop, Hwylog Briallen, Rhosfarch Maid if any of you know any info about the stud or anything it would be very much appreciated!

Here's is his breeding:
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/llanarth+marco
I bought him and his half brother at 6 months from the Llanarth Stud but his half brother had be pts last summer :( this was his breeding he was also stunning!
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/llanarth+tom+lloyd
xofyh1.png

Last edited:

belle31

Visit site
I have just read the whole of this thread it is so interesting! Over these soggy months I've spent more time indoors so started to look up my boys family tree, managed to find out quite a bit of info and pics. Sadly there were a few I found nothing on...
There names are Llansantffraed Pride, Ffoslas Welsh Maid, Lyfni Erin, Llansantffraed Gwen, Maylord Mattie, Broughton Ivy, Betty Gwennog, Ross Pioneer, Ebbw Gwen, Thorneyside Flying Lady, Regency Raindrop, Hwylog Briallen, Rhosfarch Maid if any of you know any info about the stud or anything it would be very much appreciated!

Here's is his breeding:
I bought him and his half brother at 6 months from the Llanarth Stud but his half brother had be pts last summer :( this was his breeding he was also stunning!
xofyh1.png

Thorneyside Flying Lady is my Welshie's grandmother, she is the mother of the famous Welsh Show Champion Thorneyside Flyer. She was at Rainhill stud in Sussex www.rainhillwelshcobs.com

sidewaysonacob

Visit site
Last edited:

Annagain

Visit site
here's my D - http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p691/sidewaysonacob/OtleyShow2013_zpsc4c843b3.jpg (he's got a bit more topline on him since then)

and breeding http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/tymor+figo

Tymor is a Yorkshire stud and I've found lots of pics of his sire but none of his dam. It also looks like he's 1/8th 'pony', which I assume means Sec A and would account for his pony ears and butter-wouldn't-melt face :)

Welsh Pony would be Sec B. Sec A is Welsh Mountain Pony and Sec C is Welsh Pony of Cob Type.

Annagain

Visit site
I know that feeling. I gave in and got a grey 16.2 IDx after losing my 14hh and a bit Sec D - but only after going to see a 15.2 black Sec D who was a bit quiet for my liking and the dealer saying "If he's too quiet I've got just the thing for you."... Some days I wish I'd gone for the Sec D!

Jinx94

Visit site

Here's is his breeding:
xofyh1.png
i'
Got a few generations for Hwylog Briallen, Rhosfarch Maid's sire is Mathrafal and her dam is Melingrug Bess (unless I've managed to get my info wrong!). I'll pm you Hwylog Briallen's :)

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
I recognise a couple of the prefixes and Nebo Black Magic is one of his great-great grandsires on both sides.. Other than that, I'm pretty clueless as to how good/mediocre his breeding is :eek:[/QUOTE]

I think if you check most Sect D breeding Nebo Black Magic will be in there somewhere. He must have been a very busy stallion!! There is a Sect D web site that not only lists many stallions and mares but gives their showing careers and also many have photos. It is a great site. I will try and find it and let you know exactly what it is called.

muffinino

Visit site
I recognise a couple of the prefixes and Nebo Black Magic is one of his great-great grandsires on both sides.. Other than that, I'm pretty clueless as to how good/mediocre his breeding is :eek:

I think if you check most Sect D breeding Nebo Black Magic will be in there somewhere. He must have been a very busy stallion!! There is a Sect D web site that not only lists many stallions and mares but gives their showing careers and also many have photos. It is a great site. I will try and find it and let you know exactly what it is called.[/QUOTE]

Is it this one:
http://www.rainhillwelshcobs.com/index.php

That's a fab site for photos and write ups

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
That isn't the one I have looked at but I am still searching and can't find it. It lists Welsh D's grouped in mares, stallions and geldings with a photograph and their breeding and also a history of their showing career. I looked up the breeding of mine when I bought him six years ago through the web site it was really informative but I can't seem to find it now.

RockinRudolph

Visit site
That isn't the one I have looked at but I am still searching and can't find it. It lists Welsh D's grouped in mares, stallions and geldings with a photograph and their breeding and also a history of their showing career. I looked up the breeding of mine when I bought him six years ago through the web site it was really informative but I can't seem to find it now.

Is it the welsh cob info website you are looking for?

http://www.welshcobs.info

Annagain

Visit site
Can anyone find any record of Llanarth Lloyd in their horses' bloodlines? He's my old boy's sire but according to All Breed Pedigree he only had about 5 foals, and none after 1979 (when my old boy was born) so I'm wondering if he was exported or if something happened to him? Wansdyke Busby is the only one of his progeny who seems to have gone on to have any of his own (unless there's some not on All Breed Pedigree) so just wondering if there are any close relatives of my old boy out there?

pec

Visit site
On the subject of Nebo Black Magic. I may stand corrected but he was bought by Roscoe Lloyd and was the foundation stallion of the Derwen Stud and hence is in many section D pedigrees. For what it's worth I always look for his sire Pentre Eiddwen Comet in pedigrees of cobs I am considering.
On the subject of Thorneyside Flyer her is a picture of my stallion Thorneyside the Marksman who we bought as a yearling as a stallion to use on our Gwynfaes Culhwch x Horeb Euros mares.
thorneysidethemarksman01_zpse63349cd.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Has anybody got or had ofspring of Gower Warrior? I cannot find any information about this stallion on line but I remember him so well at local shows even as he got quite old he would do well in the show ring. Would love to see photos of him and his foals.

xRobyn

Visit site

I recognise your mares name from somewhere!

Has anybody got a Section D that's breeding is actually Section C?

I believe that when they outgrow the height limit (13.2hh) they 'become' Ds? My mare is full C breeding, by Northleach Gigolo, but is nearly a hand overheight....so what is she??! (Apart from a princess!!).

Just makes her a D :) The only 'difference' between the A's, C's and D's should be height.

This is my gelding. Not a show cob, not a jumper, but has a heart of gold and is a real confidence giver (most of the time!)

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/index.php?query_type=horse&horse=HYDEHOUSE+PRINCE+OF+DARKNESS

1601548_10151869016727327_1860102812_n.jpg

46101_10151194061047327_753147186_n.jpg

He can jump, when the rider is confident!
936942_10151377621102327_1657800673_n.jpg

FirstLight

Visit site
Can anyone find any record of Llanarth Lloyd in their horses' bloodlines? He's my old boy's sire but according to All Breed Pedigree he only had about 5 foals, and none after 1979 (when my old boy was born) so I'm wondering if he was exported or if something happened to him? Wansdyke Busby is the only one of his progeny who seems to have gone on to have any of his own (unless there's some not on All Breed Pedigree) so just wondering if there are any close relatives of my old boy out there?

My 4 year old who had to be pts last year was called Llanarth Tom Lloyd? Always wondered who Tom Lloyd was don't know if they have the same relevance?