Welsh section D x warmblood or tb

hayleyanderson

Visit site
I have a three year old welsh section d x hanoverian/tb, was just wondering if anyone has/competes one and what they are like as would like to compete mine when he is ready :)

anna22

Visit site
I had a little (15.2hh) Welsh D x TB, fantastic little sports horse. Very, very good jumper, good movement and a nice bit of bone. Not something for top level, but certainly a good sort for GP/RC riding, low-level eventing and hunting.
Do you have any piccies? :)

FAB1

Visit site
Same here had a Welsh x TB amazing jumper and the most lovely person you could ever meet him was so lovely!!! even at 5 years old he was the most laid back chap you could ever meet! good luck with yours !

GinaGeo

Visit site
I've got a Welsh DxTB. He's only just started his competition career, but he can produce a lovely correct Dressage test, jump a lovely round of Show Jumps and is starting to gain confidence over XC fences.

He's a lovely honest chap, really easy, really kind and I love him to bits. Would have another in a heartbeat :)

Doncella

Visit site
My old boy, WCxHann, 15.2, is 21 now Adv.Med dressage and still sound. For many years he was on the Welsh BYRDS team with a young rider and I used to SJ him, 4ft, no problem

EstherYoung

Visit site
Have a look at the welsh x arab thread in the photo gallery. My Wolf is a Welsh D x American National Show Horse (arab x saddlebred). He's only a baby but so far so good and he's very clever :)

Polos

Visit site
I have a 4yr old coloured welsh sec d x warmblood. He is lovely on the flat and can produce a nice dressage test (due to my health he hasn't competed yet though), and is great out hacking (better in company than out alone), he is fab to handle/clip/shoe/load/vet. He is very cheeky and has such a personality and learns very quickly. The only downside to him is that he is scared of poles and jumping, he has come on a huge amount considering a couple of months ago he wouldn't even go near a pole let alone jump anything. Now he walks, trots and canters over them calmly most of the time and when he does jump he is proving to be very scopey. Sadly, he did not have the best start to life as he spent most of it in solitary confinement shut up in a stable away from other horses, he was underfed and he had no concept of personal space so a lot of the short time I have had him has been allowing him to be a horse.

I wouldn't swap him for anything though, he means so much to me!

Dukey

Visit site
I have a 6yo Welsh d x tb who's 17hh! Very similar stamp to a warmblood so much so I often get asked which type is he, then I get get an amazed look when I tell them he has a Welsh passport! First competition season last year and he showjumped a British novice and did a couple of 80s. Dressage at prelim is around 65% and always improving. Loves cuddles, likes learning, very willing and will give it his all. Very natural over a fence and flashy paces. However, is sharp, can't let him get away with anything otherwise he'll make a habit out of it. Seeks confidence from rider and can be a little nervy, but I'm sure though with more miles on the clock he'll be a super horse as all he wants to do is please :)

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
I have Welsh D x TB, she is 20 now and has had some health issues but when she was well she could jump anything, especially the fences to get into which ever field she fancied being in.:D

hayleyanderson

Visit site
I had a little (15.2hh) Welsh D x TB, fantastic little sports horse. Very, very good jumper, good movement and a nice bit of bone. Not something for top level, but certainly a good sort for GP/RC riding, low-level eventing and hunting.
Do you have any piccies? :)

I do yeah, but not sure how to put them on, any ideas how to get them on? mine is also 15.2 :)

hayleyanderson

Visit site
I have a 6yo Welsh d x tb who's 17hh! Very similar stamp to a warmblood so much so I often get asked which type is he, then I get get an amazed look when I tell them he has a Welsh passport! First competition season last year and he showjumped a British novice and did a couple of 80s. Dressage at prelim is around 65% and always improving. Loves cuddles, likes learning, very willing and will give it his all. Very natural over a fence and flashy paces. However, is sharp, can't let him get away with anything otherwise he'll make a habit out of it. Seeks confidence from rider and can be a little nervy, but I'm sure though with more miles on the clock he'll be a super horse as all he wants to do is please :)

That's some size! Mine is only 15.2hh, he is the horse on my signature, including him as a foal :)

twodonkies

Visit site
Where do u find them at 17 hands? Would love Welsh x wb or tb at that size for dressage but never see any big enough. Know any breeders?

Dukey

Visit site
This is he
484763_4440847390664_1936592372_n.jpg

I have some better photos but my copy and paste doesnt work :( his shire is Corronud Carradog who is 16hh.

I think I heard that his half sister is for sale who is a 3YO.

hayleyanderson

Visit site
Hi all had some happy/sad news, I have been accepted to the uni course I had my heart set on to my surprise so now have to sell my precious Zeus has step dad has lost his job so can't ask my mam to care for him , could You's maybe give me some advice on a price for him, he has been proffesionally started, hacks alone and in company is not spooky And has good bloodlines a bsja passport and micro chip ?