Went bareback hacking today

Imogen Rose

Visit site
I couldn't resist, so today I took the lovely pony out for a bareback hack.
It was fabulous! Im so proud of her, we had some wonderful canters and a good gallop, and she was so balanced and smooth.
She came in a flash and 3 ring gag, and reared once with me. Today we were in a simple snaffle, no nose band or saddle.
She has come such a long way, its wonderful to ride her.
I figured it would be good for my thighs and position, my muscles doesn't agree :D

Pointless really, just had a lovely time so wanted to share :)

Lintel

Visit site
That's good to hear you've come a long way :) .. Would be awful dodgy on the roads where I am though just stay safe would love to take my boy bareback hacking but you can never be 100% ;)

BSL

Visit site
You have reminded me of happy days of when I was young with my first pony. Rode bare back everywhere. I had legs of iron:) Don't think I could do it today. Enjoy, stay safe.

pennyturner

Visit site
Sounds like you've done a wonderful job with your horse. You should be very proud.

I love bareback riding, and occasionally still do it - luckily it's not something you forget.
As a 'lady of a certain age' with 6 kids, it beats the hell out of the post-natal exercises they tell you to do... if word gets out TENA will be out of business!

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Sounds fantastic and well done you, i wouldn't do it now. I used to ride my late Seren bareback all the time, i used to hoon around and stay on her, must have had excellent core strength! I only wish i was that strong and supple through the core, with my back I simply could do it now, but absolutely amazing if you can, brings back wonderful memories for me :)