Western Riding in Somerset

cowgirl16

Visit site
Calling Western Riders in Somerset - where are you? I know there's a few more of us about now - but where? My membership to WES expired a while back, and I've lost touch - it would be really nice to hook up with fellow western riders again!

Barlow

Visit site
What about the crescent over in kentisbeare? I think their surface has been specially designed for reining...

cowgirl16

Visit site
Yes I know about The Crescent - sadly too far away for me as I don't have transport any more. I'm hoping I might find some closet western riders in my locality that I could livery with. A lot of English riders still view us as aliens sadly!

TPO

Visit site
Geography is not my strong point but if you look on WES, AQHA UK, British Reining and Western Horseman's Association sites you should find addresses/contacts for trainers in your area. They would be a good starting point.

I just googled "Western Riding Somerset" and a few suggestions popped up; The Mendip Stud, Longhorn Western Riding and Loose Reins

cowgirl16

Visit site
Thanks TPO - The Mendip Stud no longer exist, Longhorn Western Riding is a riding school next to Centre Parcs at Longleat, and Loose Reins is in Dorset. Think I'll try picking a few trainers brains as you suggest. Unless - there are any western riders in the Radstock/Wellow area that are brave enough to admit they exist??!!

Reactions: TPO

TPO

Visit site
Told you my geography sucked!

If you're on FB try posted on One Stop Western as that's quite a busy page and there might be a FB page for your WES area