Weston Park

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
The 100 course looked amazing- a real testing course, pretty full up. Beautiful surroundings and well presented jumps (although covered in mud!).
I was disappointed with the be90 course. Nothing was max height/width, there were only 2 very straight forward combinations, no ditches/steps/skinnies. All the jumps looked lovely, but it just wasn't very inspiring as I had expected it to be full up and testing to match the be100, but it seemed like more of an afterthought.
The event on the whole was lovely though (excluding the rain, which couldn't be helped!). Everything ran to time, they had a shuttle bus to get to the scores as they were quite a walk from the lorry park, a nice set of show jumps in a good sized ring.

mil1212

Visit site
The 100 course was technical and well built, in fact, just reminded me I have the course pics to send to Shoestring! I felt everything was a bit spread out, and in the rain was not much fun! I may be biased as my horse hated every moment of it! The show jumping was miles away, as was the scores. They had to take a fence out of the 100, which had quite a lot of turning questions, and a lot of dodging all the other fences. I also thought the xc warm up tiny and I went back to pick up a handful of tent pegs afterwards (remnants of V festival no doubt). The xc steward went and hid in the car so I had no idea when I was supposed to start! If it wasn't 5 minutes down the road from me I possibly wouldn't rush back....

jess_asterix

Visit site
I think maybe the difference in the 100 and 90 could be that the 100 course was actually an open and also being used as a championship course so more technical than normal therefore making the 90 look alot easier.

WellyBaggins

Visit site
Thank you for your responses, a bit of a mixed bag :) Just watched the vid, the weather does look pants :( I see what is meant by dodging other fences!

Last edited:

mil1212

Visit site
just found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBvtsAWrv2k

it's fair to say it was much more like the other clip than this wonderful sunshine but is a good representation of the course, even if they got the black flag alternative at 5 wrong! I had to go back the next day to walk 5, 6 and 7 so I knew which side of the string and fences to pass!

Darremi

Visit site
I was there doing the CCI* and from what I saw of the 100 it was pretty technical. Both water's looked strong. But as somebody else said, they were running the National Junior 100 Champs over that course so it had to be a step up from usual.

Pidgeon

Visit site
We fence judged the Saturday and it was lovely, then did the kidney pool for the 100 Sunday. TGM looks like they got the best of the ground as it was pretty yucky quite quickly but then it rained so heavy! The water rode fine in fact only one faulted all class, it was the two skinnies on the curve just before that caused lots of problems. Lovely prepped courses shame about the rain.

smudge99

Visit site
We did the 90, we enjoyed it but our horse likes sticky going so wAs in his element , however he had a run out before the kidney pool as locked on to another jump and was not for changing so three strides out when presented he suddenly was surprised to see it and had a run out, gutted. Got home soaked through.

Kiribati_uk

Visit site
Friend had two in the one star......So walked pretty much all the 100/90 tracks I thought course was well presented, and not overly big......The onestar was on the smallside, and a nice track.........As for the weather it was truly PANTS!!! But not even superwoman Janet Plant can sort the weather!!! Must say after the missing horse weds night/thurs morning I hope the stables get fenced in, could of been a very bad outcome(luckily not tho!) I would also LOVE it to be back where it use to be, my first time with stables at the top, But Janet and her team work very hard to get the course and park in shape.......So I huge welldone and thankyou, we may whinge and moan when its pouring rain and we are covered in mud, But on the whole everyone is very grateful!!!!