Wet & Dirty for the Farrier?

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
My farrier would probably do them but moan like hell and to be honest, why should he do them like that?

Should at least hose them down/wash legs down, if wet not so much of a problem but muddy, why should they get plastered!!

WishfulThinker

Just up from that street on the right.....
Visit site
On the farriers registry council website it actually states that an owners responsibility to the ffarrier is to provide a clean safe area to shoe in and that horses shoul dbe presented in a workable state. i.e clean legs. and the farrier has the right to refuse to shoe any animal that is a danger or not in the state to be shod - and i would ocunt mud as this!

I always wash and scrb Beaus feet for the farrier. but then I wont even ride him with muddy legs lol.

Chex

Visit site
My farrier has a habit of being early and is sometimes there before I am! He always has a towel handy and just wipes his legs. No way would I leave Chex in for the day just because the farrier was coming! His legs are rarely dry and clean (unless in summer of course), even when I go to get a towel to wipe them he tells me not to bother. My friends the same, her horses come put the field and are shod straight away, not even picked out!

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
I would be appalled that people would leave a horse dirty for the farrier cant be pleasant!! I dont like picking rocks legs up when they're wet and dirty let alone the farrier having to do it! Rock stays in for the farrier so he is clean and dry to be shod - for safety as well as common curtosy. If hes wet its easier to slip and if hes dirty it makes things ten times more difficult! Just rude in my opinion not to have them clean and dry!

aran

community.webshots.com
i would not leave my horse in all day for the farrier in the evening - totally mad!
he goes out, gets brought in hopefully 20 mins before the farrier arrives - mud cleaned off, hooves picked out and brushed down and put in his stable. my farrier has never said he would or wouldnt shoe if his legs were dirty but I dont like wet muddy hands when picking out his feet so automatically wash them off.
aran is a total pain if left in - he fidgets about and is not at all interested in food. better that his routine stays the same and then he's fantastic for the farrier. i know my farrier would rather have aran chilled out with wet feet than having dry feet but being a pain in the arse!