Wet food for a very sensitive tummy

Greylegs

Visit site
After 15 dogless months, the new adoptee arrived yesterday. A lovely, sensitive boy, around 4 yo we think, staffie crossed with something much more leggy - possibly a whippet or even greyhound. Apparently has a very sensitive tummy and gets the squitties with any kind of wet food. He’s been fed on a dry food for sensitive dogs and seemsok on it, but I just hate dry food. Does anyone have any recommendations for a wet food which he might be able to o stomach. Old dog was on James Wellbelived pouches and was great with them, but something similar for this lad would be great. Many thanks ....

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
my vet recommended chappie as well, but i wouldnt change the food just because you dont like dry food. you could always add a bit of water to it and feed straight away before it goes mushy as its better for their teeth to crunch something..

{97702}

Visit site
I fed tinned Chappie to my greyhound boy as it was the only food he could tolerate - it was fine, I’m not sure why people dislike it so much as it was no more offensive than a lot of other wet dog food IMO :)

Having said that, if your rescue is already settled on a diet I would very very much recommend sticking to that!

skinnydipper

Visit site
If your dog has had previous gut issues but is well and thriving on his current diet then I would be inclined to leave well alone.

If you want a good quality wet food then you could try Lukullus Gustico from Zooplus.

It is a fallacy that dry food is better for dental health, unless it is one specifically manufactured for that purpose.