Wet legs and stable boots...

binbons

Visit site
My horse is moving yards in the next few weeks, just in time for Autumn and good ol' winter...
She has had joint complaints most of her life and we've been lucky enough to have turnout all day every day up until now.
On the odd occasion she has been in she has worn her magnetic chaps and they've seemed to make a difference...
Now that we are going to have to be coming in each night I'm having a panic! How am I going to put her chaps on with legs that are dripping wet and muddy? I don't want to hose her legs each night as she's got white feathery legs and has had mud fever in the past (we are moving to a farm where she'll be in close proximity with cows, which apparently increases the risk of MF??).
I'll have more time in the evenings while mornings are going to be a case of getting her out into the field and disappearing off to work :(
Any suggestions if you've had similar problems would be very greatly appreciated! :)

binbons

Visit site
I did have a look at them, always wanted some any way! :p would I have to hose her legs to put them on or could I use them to dry the mud and brush it off after? :/

Kat

Visit site
What about getting magnetic bands rather than boots? They are supposed to be suitable for turnout so would probably be OK on damp legs. Or there is a make of magnetic boot that is a soft breathable wrap, someone on our yard has the I can try and get the name.

binbons

Visit site
I hadn't thought about the bands... I'll have a look at them :)
If you could find out what they are that would be amazing, thank you!