Wet riding hat!

china

Visit site
after i rode yesterday i left my riding hat out hanging on the post and rail and forgot about it, well it rained last night and the inside of my hat is soaked! i have hung it up on the washing line to try and air it out, will there be any lasting damage to the inside under all the padding?
im such an idiot!

siani1989

Visit site
i have left my riding hat out manier times and got wet , no damage that i no of , just smells very bad once dry
laugh.gif

CorvusCorax

'It's only a laugh, no harm done'
Visit site
I chucked mine in the car boot after lunging in the rain and it went mouldy!

Biker pals have told me to either wash the lining gently with baby shampoo or to leave it in the bathroom when you have a shower and let the steam do the work, then wipe off.

Dunno about long term damage, mine is a Charles Owen kids hat and it is going brown anyway
tongue.gif

china

Visit site
mines a harry hall elite, its got little vents inside so the water will have gone underneath, i dont want to buy a new one just yet, but if i see one i ilike at badminton i might get it.

goldypops

Visit site
Just dont do what I did and put in the oven that was cooling down after being on. Totally forgot about it and started cooking dinner the next day - small son came in and said "whats that funny smell".....arggggggg one cooked and burnt hat!!!!!
blush.gif

Fransurrey

Visit site
PMSL Goldypops!

I would hang it somewhere warm and dry and maybe spray with hat deodoriser/febreze. Can't see it doing any damage.

Tnavas

Visit site
Place it on a towel in the airing cupboard and gently allow it to dry out.

There is nothing much to helmets, a hard plastic shell, a layer of polystyrene and then the fabric inner. If it had a velvet outer then make sure that while it dries it doesn't touch anything else.