What’s everyone feeding now Pure Feeds have gone?

MrsMurs

Visit site
Ive heard Pure Feeds have shut up shop and my stockist is all out of the pure balancer I feed my gelding.

prior to this I fed Equimins Advance complete balancer. He’d been on this for a couple of years, first the powder then the pellet, before turning his nose up at both, hence the switch to pure.

ivebeen searching and researching all weekend for a replacement and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations, especially having fed Pure feeds and are looking into replacements?

At the moment I’m leaning towards Bailey’s lo cal as I don’t want to feed GM ingredients which are in some products.

any recommendations very welcome ?

janietee_5

Visit site
Graze on original, equiglo unmollassed sugar beet, micronised linseed and cool cubes. I favour a low sugar, low starch diet for my old tb.Was feeding pure veteran pellets and pure balance but can’t get hold of any more. Am looking for some sort of gut balancer but thinking (hoping) that the oily herbs mentioned on here might do the job….trying to go back to basics to save money and help horse….

Fransurrey

Visit site
I was planning to go back to Agrobs with added Re-Leve, but apparently Pure Feeds have been bought out of administration, so they should be back producing feed soon. If you can swallow the expense of Agrobs for a bit, I'd do that (the Muesli is probably closest to PF, from memory).

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Please check the ingredients tho, it appears that there is at least one change, using GM ingredients.
Plus the prices on their website have shot up, I'm fortunate that I got a lot in so will wait and see on the changes and pricing at local fed store (which have always been more cheap than buying direct).

janietee_5

Visit site
I sadly can‘t take a chance on supplies. Have changed my old boys food and he loves what he’s having now. More importantly it’s easy to get hold of so I can’t see myself changing back to Pure sadly. Love the ethos, horse loved the food but wallet loves what he’s getting now.

MuddyMonster

Visit site
I sadly can‘t take a chance on supplies. Have changed my old boys food and he loves what he’s having now. More importantly it’s easy to get hold of so I can’t see myself changing back to Pure sadly. Love the ethos, horse loved the food but wallet loves what he’s getting now.

What are you feeding now out of curiosity?

Mine needs low sugar & starch, it needs to be palatable as he's fussy and it's a carrier for supplements & he can't have alfalfa.

At £20 a bag for what sounds like potentially less quality ingredients, I'd be interested in alternatives :)

janietee_5

Visit site
What are you feeding now out of curiosity?

Mine needs low sugar & starch, it needs to be palatable as he's fussy and it's a carrier for supplements & he can't have alfalfa.

At £20 a bag for what sounds like potentially less quality ingredients, I'd be interested in alternatives :)
Am feeding Graze on Original, cool cubes, unmollasssed sugar beet and micronised linseed. He LOVES the Graze as does his cushings diagnosed friend. Mine can’t have alfalfa either. Sugar is slightly higher than I would usually choose but the palatability out weighs this.

MrsMurs

Visit site
Please check the ingredients tho, it appears that there is at least one change, using GM ingredients.
Plus the prices on their website have shot up, I'm fortunate that I got a lot in so will wait and see on the changes and pricing at local fed store (which have always been more cheap than buying direct).

Just looked on the ingredients on the website and you’re right, Hipro Soya GM has been added to, I think, replace the pea protein.