What a difference a good instructor makes....... Happy post!!!

1Lucie

Visit site
Having had a rubbish winter, felt as though riding was becoming a battle with my ned and had kinda hit brick wall. I then had car accident meaning I couldn't ride for two months :-(. I took plunge and booked for first riding lesson in well.. Erm.. Yrs... I actually felt sick warming up. But I cannot believe the difference an amazing instructor makes! I went from nervous happy hacker on a cobby Irish draft to dressage diva doing the most a
Amazing medium trot, leg yield, sepentines all in 45 mins!! Cannot believe the beauty of finding the perfect confidence giving riding instructor!!!! I may now be a little hooked on dressage!!! :)

Tronk

Visit site
Well done and congratulations Lucie for finding an instructor that you click with!

I too have recently found an instructor who for some reason has made all the difference to my riding and how my horse goes. She has told me probably all the same things as my previous 2 instructors but said them in such a way that it has sunk in and clicked in my stupid brain! Who knew that merely shortening your reins can morph your horse into a dressage star? I had my 2nd lesson with her last week and in no word of a lie it has revolutionised my riding and how my horse goes - 3 friends (who had no idea that I'd had a lesson) complimented me on well my horse was going and how stunning he was looking :D I feel we could tackle anything now!

Just need to rob a bank now to afford more than a bi-annual lesson :)

babymare

Visit site
Couple years ago when confidence was low i had lessons with amazing instructor on her school master. she showed me that i know it but had to belive inmyself. wow she had me walk to canter . flying changes. half passing etc. She worked me hard because she knew what was there and i remember what she shiwed me. "think it belive it and it will happen"

micki

Visit site
Good to hear that you have found a good instructor, they can make all the difference.

Gusbear

Was Richmond, Surrey now a mountain forest in Oz.
Visit site
Dear OP
Happy to hear you are back in the saddle after your accident and have found a good instructor.
Ditto that a good instructor makes all the difference. Just had my second lesson today (before last week's lesson realized that it had been about 14 years since my last one).
My lovely, patient and very encouraging instructor I'm convinced has angel wings has been sent to me from the heavens! My goodness he had my boy and I doing things within the first 15 mins of our first lesson that I wasn't able to achieve in years of training previously. Bless him, he has helped not only me but my horse by finding my long lost confidence and my mojo and also in making me finally realise (after 30 long years in the saddle) that I'm not a complete numpty but a good rider that just needs some fine tuning and a bit of a gentle push and someone who understands that it's ok to be a bit nervous sometimes when everything doesn't quite go to plan.
Thank you dear Matthew, you are worth your weight in gold. :)