What a guy

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
I'm sure I've seen this guy interviewed on telly, might have been on Horse & Country or something. Truly an inspiration.

Its been proven with autistic children and other learning developmental issues that being around horses and riding them is really beneficial and there are many inner city riding schools who do the same sort of thing.

Good luck to him, its a lovely story.

alexomahony

Visit site
I'm sure I've seen this guy interviewed on telly, might have been on Horse & Country or something. Truly an inspiration.

Its been proven with autistic children and other learning developmental issues that being around horses and riding them is really beneficial and there are many inner city riding schools who do the same sort of thing.

Good luck to him, its a lovely story.

I think it's fantastic - and as his own life has been through so much, the kids will respect him and he can relate to them with real life stories. Hopefully it will help to encourage the next generation to stay away drug and gang crime.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Lovely story and a great project. Years ago, Hollesley Bay Borstal owned the Suffolk Punch stud and the boys, who mostly came from London, had the chance to work there. The staff used to tell me stories of how these horses changed the attitudes and self confidence of the young lads, many of whom had never seen a horse before.
If there were more projects like this, the equine world would lose its elitist image and a new generation could benefit from the physical and mental benefits that being around animals brings.