What are the top 5 items you take to competitions?

FMBs

New User
Visit site
Here at FMBs we’re intrigued to know what items H&H forum members always take with them to competitions. Are any of our products among them? Do let us know below… If you do use FMBs products, you’ll have that in common with top riders such as Ben Maher, Carl Hester and Laura Collett, who all use FMBs products at home and at shows.

Cragrat

Visit site
Ok, in addition to basics of horse, tack, food, I always take
First aid kit
Very soggy soaked unmolassed sugar beet, to get the horse to take in some water
Ice vibe boots
Box of spares (leathers, half bridle and reins, girth, even a spare riding hat)
Trug and shovel to clear out the trailer - I cannot bear making them stand in ***** for the journey home( most of our trips are 90 mins each way).

Sorry, no FMB products at all!

becca1305

Visit site
Asides from the basics (horse & regular tack/ rider kit)
1 would have to be an FMBs Activomed combi pro rug. Its invaluable for warming up my horses muscles prior to competing and relaxing them when cooling down after. Its used when we arrive whilst studding up, and when I finish, as well as in between if times are far apart.
2 Cold One ice boots in my 3 day ice cool box which actually does what it says on the tin! Fab for after XC and a good fit - don't slip and horse doesn't mind picking hoof up to take out studs.
3 Easy plugs from Horse Health. Easy to take out, easy to put in, win win.
4 Supastuds. Go in regardless if theres a bit of grime in the thread on top of where the plug was.
5 Neck strap. I feel naked without it for the XC phase. Its rarely used, but just knowing its there to hook a finger in helps squash the pre XC jitters.

khalswitz

Visit site
Ok, in addition to basics of horse, tack, food, I always take
First aid kit
Very soggy soaked unmolassed sugar beet, to get the horse to take in some water
Ice vibe boots
Box of spares (leathers, half bridle and reins, girth, even a spare riding hat)
Trug and shovel to clear out the trailer - I cannot bear making them stand in ***** for the journey home( most of our trips are 90 mins each way).

Sorry, no FMB products at all!

1 would have to be an FMBs Activomed combi pro rug. Its invaluable for warming up my horses muscles prior to competing and relaxing them when cooling down after. Its used when we arrive whilst studding up, and when I finish, as well as in between if times are far apart.
2 Cold One ice boots in my 3 day ice cool box which actually does what it says on the tin! Fab for after XC and a good fit - don't slip and horse doesn't mind picking hoof up to take out studs.
4 Supastuds. Go in regardless if theres a bit of grime in the thread on top of where the plug was.
5 Neck strap. I feel naked without it for the XC phase. Its rarely used, but just knowing its there to hook a finger in helps squash the pre XC jitters.

I hack my horse to comps, so we are very minimalist in what we take... All we ever take other than listed above is a fleece rug/waterproof rug if it's cold/wet. Has to all fit in saddle bags!!

humblepie

Visit site
Everything really - think about it - if you don't have your gloves you cannot do the dressage or would look out of place in the show ring. Okay you can generally buy such things but not if you are on at 7.30 before the trades stands open or of course borrow some from someone else but wants that stress.

cashflow

New User
Visit site
The following is what I would take to a competition:
*horse
*water
*tack
*suitable rugs
*first-aid kit for horse and rider

montanna

Visit site
Apart from the obvious my top five are:

- Baby wipes
- Rain sheet
- A wash mitt & 2 small trugs - one for drinking and one for washing off (super lightweight to hold up for horse to drink) & water canisters
- Bungee cord to tie my partition back so I can tack up on board
- Box of polos for ponies and a box of coke for me :)

FMBs

New User
Visit site
Your kit reflects product developments over the last 10 years, which will make life easier and happier for both you and your horse. It is great to hear that you take your Activo-Med Combi Pro Rug with you and you are using it just as we advise. We hope you are enjoying your eventing.

FMBs

New User
Visit site

Your kit reflects product developments over the last 10 years, which will make life easier and happier for both you and your horse. It is great to hear that you take your Activo-Med Combi Pro Rug with you and you are using it just as we advise. We hope you are enjoying your eventing.

NaeNae87

Visit site
Other than Horse, tack, etc...

my 5 must haves are;
Baby wipes - great for tidying up horse and rider between classes
PEI Cold Water boots - Great for those like me who don't have access to a freezer when camping at events
Virbec Recharge - Electrolyte solution for horses
Photonic Red Light Therapy Torch
Classic Equine DY No Turn Bell Boots

northface2012

New User
Visit site
Cragrat, to save you time lugging your sugar beet around have you heard of a new product called "Equidgel"?? dont worry im not a salesperson or anything but we use it for our horses and it sounds like it may be very beneficial to you!

Cragrat

Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion - I went to look it up.
It's not easy to find actual information about equidgel! But according to e-venting, it contains grass, alfalfa, oatmeal and oil. My mare doesn't get on well with alfalfa, and it seems unnecessarily complicated. Simple unmolassed sugarbeet is a lot more straightforward, and is very easy to 'lug around'!