What are you working on over winter? Aims for next year?

emmanash

Visit site
I'm going to be down the school lots this winter, practising hard on getting my horse switched on and listening more. Plus refining my appalling riding!
Hoping to take part in some dressage lessons arranged by Y.O and aiming to go to a dressage comp in January.
Next year i'm hoping to do some more dressage at the local R.C shows and maybe some jumping too!
Plus go on an adult horse camp again. Did one earlier this year and gad an amazing time and learnt lots.
On the none competitive front, i'm going to take my horse up to Dartmoor where my mum lives and arrange our own little riding holiday. Mum has her horse up there and we've been talking about doing it for a few years now.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Getting my mare back fit and sound from her SDFT injury and assess her capabilities with my vet :)

Get my gelding back supple and raring to go over winter with BD and showing, bag some more rossies doing either and have fun :D

Get more weight off so that I am less of a tubster when mare comes back into work :)

To still have a job, as temporary at work :)

little_critter

Visit site
Manage to do a prelim dressage test without breaking cater before we should.
Generally improve prelim scores and have a bash at a novice by the end of the winter league.

ELF

Visit site
Mine have changed dramatically, it too was sort the dressage out both me and the horse. However now I am injured the focus is on me so this winter I am :-

Doing as much to promote healing as possible

Trying to improve my flexibility and core strength in the areas I can work on

Improve my mental focus and positive outlook and learn not to dwell on the negative

Learn what I can via books and other media to improve my knowledge of ridden work, stable management and all related equine topics

I want when I come back to riding be better equiped to learn and sharper entally to take on new challenges. Watch this sapce!

In the same, frustrating position!!

Had a nasty fall in April that I 'ignored' the best I could and rather annoyingly caught up with me and now haven't sat on a horse for 9 weeks, sold my best horse as the opportunity came along and I had no idea how long I would be out for...but...

Will be spending the winter trying to improve core strength and my posture off the horse with a hope to improving it on the horse, counting the days until my beautiful Saddler's Hall mare foals at the end of march and looking for my next project to bring out in the spring when i'm fighting fit again...

(oh and we're moving house fingers crossed in the next month and getting married in March...)

Good luck to everyone, lets hope we're not all fighting against snow and ice for weeks on end again!!!!

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Get the trailer I have just bought repaired and suitable for HRH.
Get my back straightened so I can ride with equal stirrups and square halt again.
Show Jumping practise, he has the ability but tends to find at least 1 fence spooky and get elimated at. Need to give him the convidence to jump planks/water trays first time and improve how I ride between fences to give him a better approach.
Beach practice, we are stabled on the dunes and I don't take advantage of it as he uptight on the beach. Need to get him on there regualy so he relaxes more so we can do interval training on the good ground.

trendybraincell

Visit site
Similar to the aims of others work in the school, try to get the tempis established...try to learn to count the damn thing too!!! My major aim is to save like a crazy woman in the hope of getting a lorry next year.

siant2

Visit site
Horse - hacking, hacking and more hacking building her up after her unknown (?suspensory) injury in March this year. Gradually building up some schooling once/twice week.

Hopefully if all is well aiming for some jumping in the spring.

Also applying for my lorry (cat C) license so that I can get the horses out on the road.

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
Petey - working on the dressage through until the end of november. Will give him december off work (mini hols) and then working on DR and SJ until the event season starts. Want to have a go at JAS and BE Jump Training before going eventing again. Definitely want to get him going BE100 early in the season, and then see how it goes... in my wildest dreams would love to do CIC* but that may well be a bit ambitious!

Tia - now back in work and stabled ready to get her fully fit for point to pointing. Main aim is to get round a few point to points and hopefully sneak a placing somewhere before selling her to a P2P home before the event season gets fully underway.

Me - need to somehow save enough money to buy my own transport - whether that be trailer + 4x4 or 3.5tonne lorry I haven't decided yet!

blood_magik

Visit site
our aim is to get a double clear at meter open and try discovery before my boy retires from competitive sj
also want to do some dressage with him so maybe prelim and novice

amandaco2

Visit site
really for mine its hacking and competing at various Dr levels
for baby i want to get her out at Nov BD, middle horsey at elem and trainer horsey can take me to do a med adv
:lol:
and elderly horsey can continue to do 180 rearing turns out hacking for my amusement

oscarwild

Visit site
Well I'm planning on working on flatwork, flatwork and a little more flatwork. Sorting out some lessons away from home as thats what occassionally makes horse a little excited and non listening cow she can be. haha. Then we will do the occassional jumping lessons once we are sorted with the flatwork. And do the odd local comp to get her out and about and hopefully get her out and settling in new enviroments. So hopefully we will have a better year next year (be on top off her allergies etc) and get her out competing next year.

*Maddy&Occhi*

Visit site
good luck everyone, some great goals and aims your all working towards :)

Myn is to really kick start myn and Moja's dressage career- start of with some unaff dressage this winter and see where we go with that. Moja's been there and done it so im hoping we can really progress down that route.

Also hoping to dabble with SJ'ing and xcountry too, just to vary- a few small classes that we can both enjoy.

Am also going to start my fortnightly lessons again. Im aiming mostly with the dressage, but would love to conquer a ODE, but we'll see :p

Horses24-7

Visit site
I think its great to set goals, gives you a bit of a kick up your bum to keep on track! :)

Looks like were all going to be busy, as long as the snow keeps away! :mad:

Maybe we should pull this thread back up in spring and see how many of us have achieved what we planned? :D