What are you?

What do you think about men playing hockey?

• Total voters

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
I am not a pro as I do not make an income from horses but I would consider myself experienced. Do not know if I come across like I think I am though!
grin.gif

burtie

Visit site
Tough one, hovered between experienced and happy amateur, went for experienced one as I suppose I do train and teach and charge for it in my spare time so should at least pretend to be experienced
grin.gif
tongue.gif

kerrylou123

Visit site
i put happy amateur, as im by no means a pro, but have been around horses long enough to know what to do in particular situations, but am always on the look out for good advice!

KatB

Visit site
I've put experienced because I have had alot of experience with different types of horses in different disciplines, and seen alot of different methods used. However, I still know I have alot to learn, and alot of people will use completely different methods as another person with same level of experience through choice as opposed to lack of knowledge?

Horses are a constant learning curve IMO!!
grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
but am always on the look out for good advice!

[/ QUOTE ]

That never changes no matter how experienced or novice you are though. I am always seeking more information on new techniques/understanding horses better etc.

I do have my own style though as the years experience has taught me that what I do does work......however occasionally a different tactic is required. No-one ever knows everything.

KateStartin

Visit site
I put experienced. I make my living from horses so i suppose in that respect i could be a pro but there seems a huge gap between me and many others out there!

Also my own horse is kept in a strictly amateur sort of way in that he is first and foremost my horse and friend rather than a competition animal and wont be sold if he does not perform (we do compete though and if i had another it would have to prove itself or make me some money!)

S_N

Visit site
Hmmmmm there is no option for me! I need other atm, as I am between pro and experienced. I have pretty much always been a pro since leaving school/college, if you mean that one's sole income is derived from horses. However, I could currently be considered an ex-pro, soon to be 1/2 pro
tongue.gif
The business I hope to get off the ground is not horse related ................ yet, give me time though and I'm sure it will be!! I don't really have any money coming in other than tack/horse/machinery sales atm...... but not a lot is coming in..........
ooo.gif

PinkFairy

Visit site
i put happy amateur, am happy being novicy competition wise, but have plenty experience in stable management and handling horses, though am keen to get my riding up to the next level so im rather happy as i am
smile.gif

Beanyowner

Visit site
I put happy amatuer...but hope to progress to experienced once I have got out of uni and have some work experience in the horsey industry to put on my CV!! I have groomed for all different disciplines, have ridden loads of diferent types of horses from the bog standard riding school cob to intermediate eventers, grade A showjumpers and grand prix dressage horses...have been very lucky. Fingers crossed it all goes according to plan once I have finished uni!!!
laugh.gif

Evadiva1514

Visit site
I would class myself as experienced as i have worked professionally with horses for a number of years and although i only earn a proportion of my living through horses at the moment, i still train and teach others and compete my own horses. So i guess as Feufolet has said in a previous post, i believe i am a professional amateur!!
grin.gif

Zebedee

Visit site
Hovered between pro & experienced, but went for experienced as I no longer derive the greater part of my income from horses.

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
would like to think I'm experienced as ridden for over 20 years competed to a relatively high standard in more than one discipline, have qualifications that equestrian professionals generally respect, ridden all types/shapes/levels of horses and taught a variety of riders. I am not a professional as I do not make money from them (i just spend too much on them instead!!)

GTs

Visit site
Novice - there are some people I have been around (like my friend Pablo) that although I do good, are just on a whole different level.

watcherathome

Visit site
Happy amateur, and have been so for 25 years. Always happy to learn something new but do have experience of many different horses in various disciplines