What are your 4 year olds doing? Mine surprised me yesterday....

Ddraig_wen

Visit site
They're all turned away ready to start afresh later this month. Hopefully get out to some dressage, clinics and shows later in the year.

rara007

Visit site
Mine (who has just turned 5 now!) has just done his first indoor driving event- the equivalent of arena eventing without dressage. Jan he has all three phases for the first time :)

Nightmare before Christmas

Visit site
Yes mines tech 5 now which makes this thread a bit invalid for me haha seems most people's rising 5s are having it easier than the ones I deal with! Most are jumping NC now. Seems im bang in the middle with mine. I do need to crack on though as I want to jump some 5 years classes this summer

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
lovely boy :)

can you double fence the hedge so he can go out? I do feel your worry though as my summer paddocks are road-side, so will be securing elec tape to the top of the post and rail to increase the height for my boy(3yo stallion), its about 5'6 atm, will be going to about 8ft or just over so would like to think theres no way he'll go over that plus the ditch behind it(and if it does you can have him to jump lol!!!!!)

noodle_

Visit site
He's standing in a field / stable. Because I don't have a jumping saddle at the moment and the prospect of only schooling him all winter was unappealing enough to motivate me to turn him away :p

same

i backed mine last yer [april]... and done sweet FA since..

she wasnt mature enough, then i got a longer hours job... shes loving being a lady of leisure...until march...shes being re-backed :D she is a late foal so will be 4.5

Clodagh

Visit site
Mine went cubbing in the autumn and since then has been lightly schooled and hacked about 5 days a week. Youra is gorgeous, and what a jump!

Nightmare before Christmas

Visit site
lovely boy :)

can you double fence the hedge so he can go out? I do feel your worry though as my summer paddocks are road-side, so will be securing elec tape to the top of the post and rail to increase the height for my boy(3yo stallion), its about 5'6 atm, will be going to about 8ft or just over so would like to think theres no way he'll go over that plus the ditch behind it(and if it does you can have him to jump lol!!!!!)

I am going to invest in some very tall takes (about 10ft) and thick tape and make him an electrified play pen. He's been out and about in the school I just have to be very very careful because he's a monkey. He's okay for 10min then gets bored (even with his football). He's not long cut so don't think he's ever had more than 20 min out in a stallion paddock in recent times. He's a good boy otherwise :)