What are your laminitics doing this winter?

Wooleysmum

Visit site
Wondered what everyone who has a lami horse doing with grazing at the moment. Mine is out at night in a muzzle still and I want to put him out 24 hours, he is stabled during the day at the moment. Grass is short although not down to nothing. I know about frost danger, just wondered if any other nutter is still muzzline their horse.Thought I would try out in the day, no muzzle then still muzzled at night.

kizzywiz

Visit site
Mine is in at night, out during the day with a muzzle. Be very careful, the grass is still growing because the weather is so mild. I'm still strip grazing my field as I haven't used it all yet. Watch that frost!! Good luck, hope he/she stays sound.

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Mine is in at night and goes out mid/late morning when the frost & dew have disappeared. He then comes in later on in the afternoon. Benji is on a small fairly well grazed paddock.

Hope this helps!
grin.gif

Wooleysmum

Visit site
Thanks for reply. I will just keep him on the routine till it gets colder, out at night with muzzle and in during the day. Folk at the yard think I am nuts but they dont have a laminitic, and you do!

angiebaby

Visit site
My two Lami's are on 4 acres of very long grass, muzzled during the day and stabled from 4pm till 6am. Always been out on frost (muzzled) and not had any laminitis for over 3 years,
laugh.gif
They have lots of exercise, not clipped and not rugged.

amandaco2

Visit site
mine has been out no muzzle 24/7 for about a month.no probs.
she gets hifi and bran mash with speedi beet and hay/straw in her shelter
started to come in at night.
looking ok-ribs on show but shes got her neck and bottom back!lol.

Tiggy1

Visit site
Mine is in a paddock of about 2 acres seperate form the others with hay and scoop of happy hoof at night.
Seems to be going on OK and going to carry on as long as possible.
Just worried when small paddock starts getting boggy and will have to move to bigger field what to do next.

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
mine is out 24/7 no muzzle needed this year which is very odd and is getting more food this year than ever, think its her age, she has happy hoof, veteran mix plus all the supplements! and just started on hay too as no real grass