What are your thoughts on the League Against Cruel Sports?

Eagle_day

Visit site

Indeed they are. And after tonight's leaders' debates, I don't think they'll be a registered charity for much longer. Their outrageous political campaigning is forbidden by Charity law and Charity Commission rules. Let's hope they have to pay all that Gift Aid back to the taxpayer.

PS Oh Scratchy, I notice you only pick on kids and girls. Be a man, eh?

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
IMO LAC's should have its charitable status removed, it is overtly political and the behaviour of its supporters leaves a great deal to be desired.
Re the Scratchline person, it appears that this individual is only capable of replying in terms of personal insults and has been shown on other threads, totally avoids replying to posts which require a degree of intelligence to respond to.

Scratchline

Visit site
Indeed they are. And after tonight's leaders' debates, I don't think they'll be a registered charity for much longer. Their outrageous political campaigning is forbidden by Charity law and Charity Commission rules. Let's hope they have to pay all that Gift Aid back to the taxpayer.

PS Oh Scratchy, I notice you only pick on kids and girls. Be a man, eh?

lol lol Its only the kids and girls who have any balls on here but nice pathetic try Eagle. You want some sort of arguement all you have to do is start one?!

Scratchline

Visit site
IMO LAC's should have its charitable status removed, it is overtly political and the behaviour of its supporters leaves a great deal to be desired.
Re the Scratchline person, it appears that this individual is only capable of replying in terms of personal insults and has been shown on other threads, totally avoids replying to posts which require a degree of intelligence to respond to.

Intelligent discussion with people who rip animals apart with their dogs?? lol lol I dont feel the need to discuss all the ins and outs of dog fighting with fans of that blood sport either.
The attempts to justify these sick activities with excuse after excuse atually gets boring sometimes. Sorry if that troubles you but I dont have to get you on my side. You need to get us on yours and it will never happen thanks. At least I make the effort to listen lol lol

pastie2

Visit site
Scratchline, shouldnt you be at work at 10am, or is your hobbyof being rude and belligerant on a forum a full time occupation. I am on here at this time as I have a day off.

Scratchline

Visit site
Scratchline, shouldnt you be at work at 10am, or is your hobbyof being rude and belligerant on a forum a full time occupation. I am on here at this time as I have a day off.

No I shouldnt be at out at work as I am caring for somebody at the moment thankyou. On your day off why dont you do something more constructive instead of making incorrect assumptions about those you dont know!

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Scratchline, I was refering to the threads about Brian May and his lack of knowledge about his subject matter, your constant referal to his Phd, in a totally unrelated subject and the lack of intelectual rigour shown in his argument. Unfortunately this is relflected in your own posts, thus on the whole making any debate redundant. Your belief in your knowledge of what other people's stances are in this matter, coupled with your childish and naive arguments make the process somewhat tedious. Why any 'side' would require you on it is quite beyond me, given your inability to post without rudeness and constant innapropriate laughter.

pastie2

Visit site
You come across as someone who SHOULD be in care. Not the otherway round. There are pills that can help you control your anger, perhaps a little therapy ? Or perhaps you should just get out more.

rosie fronfelen

Visit site
pastie2, he also trolls around the facebook network, accusing the pro hunters as being "savages"very sad sort of person whom i have on iggy, to save my sanity!! i think he is a schizophrenic Jeckyl and Hyde type, pleasant one minute and a wraith the next-

littlemisslauren

Visit site
I am on facebook, and i am pro hunt. When can I expect my abuse then??
I am in the mood for a good giggle at a GROWN MAN (Which I assume you are btw) ranting on about saving the foxy woxys and how evil the posh people on their ponies are for letting their nasty little doggies hurt them!

Grow up.

People have split views on hunting, they always will. Foxes are still able to be killed, and believe me they are still killed. Have you seen how long it takes for a fox to die after being shot? I dont call that humane. Hunting will always continue, even if it has to be drag hunting.

Are you equally as hyped up about people killing rabbits and rats? Or are you less bothered about them because its not done on horseback? What about people who shoot? What about fishing?

Shouting your mouth off like an emotional child will not get you anywhere in life.

pastie2

Visit site
I dont think that he wants to go anywhere is life, thats his problem. I bet he doesnt have many friends either.

Serenity087

Now would I be a Kentish lass, or a lass of Kent?
Visit site
Scratchline, I presented you with reasoned arguments as to why LACS, their beliefs, the way they impliment their beliefs and how they manage their political campaigns are a load of rubbish, and you ignore me, prefering to pick on the people who simply say "they suck".

Now, either, and this is the preferred option, you also hate LACS for their misguided attempts at protecting wildlife whilst highlighting animal welfare issues and are simply playing devils advocate and encouraging those with little/no argument to think...

or...

and I fear this option...

You simply cannot talk to me because I won't call you names. Because I don't fit your stereotype as an ignorant, stupid hunter who hates foxes and antis the same.

Please tell me you're more intelligent than that?

Scratchline

Visit site
Scratchline, I presented you with reasoned arguments as to why LACS, their beliefs, the way they impliment their beliefs and how they manage their political campaigns are a load of rubbish, and you ignore me, prefering to pick on the people who simply say "they suck".

Now, either, and this is the preferred option, you also hate LACS for their misguided attempts at protecting wildlife whilst highlighting animal welfare issues and are simply playing devils advocate and encouraging those with little/no argument to think...

or...

and I fear this option...

You simply cannot talk to me because I won't call you names. Because I don't fit your stereotype as an ignorant, stupid hunter who hates foxes and antis the same.

Please tell me you're more intelligent than that?

Hang on. You posted your opinion on LACS and thats fine, I like reading other peoples opinions and it gives me something to check up on and learn more. So, I like your posts. You didnt ask me a question. You didnt direct comments at me which I felt I should respond to. I dont need to respond to every or any post on here and it is not about picking on anybody as you may like to read the posts and see for yourself.
Is it Scratchline who joins threads only to name call, swear at others, offer violence? Or do I respond when others do exactly that to me HG?

Scratchline

Visit site
You come across as someone who SHOULD be in care. Not the otherway round. There are pills that can help you control your anger, perhaps a little therapy ? Or perhaps you should just get out more.

Admin have asked me not to respond to stupid, pointless personal attacks from people simply spoiling for a fight and report the poster. I shall oblige rather than put you firmly in your place!

Scratchline

Visit site
I am on facebook, and i am pro hunt. When can I expect my abuse then??
I am in the mood for a good giggle at a GROWN MAN (Which I assume you are btw) ranting on about saving the foxy woxys and how evil the posh people on their ponies are for letting their nasty little doggies hurt them!

Grow up.

People have split views on hunting, they always will. Foxes are still able to be killed, and believe me they are still killed. Have you seen how long it takes for a fox to die after being shot? I dont call that humane. Hunting will always continue, even if it has to be drag hunting.

Are you equally as hyped up about people killing rabbits and rats? Or are you less bothered about them because its not done on horseback? What about people who shoot? What about fishing?

Shouting your mouth off like an emotional child will not get you anywhere in life.

See, you are just another want looking for trouble so why dont you grow up.

AGAIN!!! Admin have asked me not to respond to stupid, pointless personal attacks from people simply spoiling for a fight and report the poster. I shall oblige rather than put you firmly in your place!

Scratchline

Visit site
pastie2, he also trolls around the facebook network, accusing the pro hunters as being "savages"very sad sort of person whom i have on iggy, to save my sanity!! i think he is a schizophrenic Jeckyl and Hyde type, pleasant one minute and a wraith the next-

So I am on ignore but you post attacks on me to others? Reported.

Last edited:

Scratchline

Visit site
Thoughts about LACS...vociferous about hunting, very very quiet about illegal dog fighting and badgerbaiting. Dont rate them.

To be fair to them we all accept dog fighting and badgerbaiting are rightly illegal and expect the law to deal with those involved. Hunting because of the attitude of certain people and the backing of certain MP's is a very ongoing situation that deserves all the attention of humane people.

JenHunt

Visit site
To be fair to them we all accept dog fighting and badgerbaiting are rightly illegal and expect the law to deal with those involved. Hunting because of the attitude of certain people and the backing of certain MP's is a very ongoing situation that deserves all the attention of humane people.

so why not devote their time and resources to something that we all agree on. If badgerbaiting etc is still going on then surely the law isnt' dealing with them? And you will undoubtedly say that the law isn't dealing with hunting either, but that goes back to my first point of dealing with something we all agree about. The LACS might actually get some respect then, although with their history I doubt it.

oakash

Visit site
Old Itchy begs the question...why did hunting continue until the ban, but dog fighting and badger baiting etc have long been illegal? The true and obvious answer is of course, staring you in the face,Scratchy. Badger baiting and dogfighting are cruel and barbaric, whilst it is obvious to anyone who bothers to think for themselves and make up their own mind, that hunting is probably the most natural and humane way of controlling wild animal populations.

Serenity087

Visit site
Hang on. You posted your opinion on LACS and thats fine, I like reading other peoples opinions and it gives me something to check up on and learn more. So, I like your posts. You didnt ask me a question. You didnt direct comments at me which I felt I should respond to. I dont need to respond to every or any post on here and it is not about picking on anybody as you may like to read the posts and see for yourself.
Is it Scratchline who joins threads only to name call, swear at others, offer violence? Or do I respond when others do exactly that to me HG?

BUt you didn't want to discuss my opinion, which makes me sad!

It's okay, I'm not angry or nuffink, I've been hanging around this part of the forum since 2003 and I got over the whole "your argument stinks, I hate you all" bit a looong time ago (unfortunatly, that was the pros - I get along with the antis on here MUUUCH better!)

But I did get a little disheartened that I post an opinion that could lead to discussion and you skip to the name calling.
I like an anti I can get my teeth into!

(and, for the record, I'm not a huge fan of the CA either. They did jack all for me, except propell me into the media scene (briefly, I was in the papers with my gorgeous CA tabard!). Problem is, both sides need a representative group of non-extreme, approachable persons or else we're both damned.

Thing is, I've found, that people with an actual opinion on hunting are very extreme people. Normal people don't actually care!!!

Scratchline

Visit site
so why not devote their time and resources to something that we all agree on. If badgerbaiting etc is still going on then surely the law isnt' dealing with them? And you will undoubtedly say that the law isn't dealing with hunting either, but that goes back to my first point of dealing with something we all agree about. The LACS might actually get some respect then, although with their history I doubt it.

All three blood sports are illegal and LACS actually devote time and resources to all three amongst other cruelty to animals. Check out their website or FB page and see for yourself.
I think the biggest point that you miss is the vast majority of people in this country are sickened by dog fighting, fox hunting and badger baiting and only a very small group of people wish to take part in such cruelty to animals. Hunters, dog fighters and badger baiters.
Just because people involved choose to ignore the cruelty in fox hunting, doesnt suddenly make them humane just because they dislike dog fighting and badger baiting.

Scratchline

Visit site
Old Itchy begs the question...why did hunting continue until the ban, but dog fighting and badger baiting etc have long been illegal? The true and obvious answer is of course, staring you in the face,Scratchy. Badger baiting and dogfighting are cruel and barbaric, whilst it is obvious to anyone who bothers to think for themselves and make up their own mind, that hunting is probably the most natural and humane way of controlling wild animal populations.

Why do you feel the need to call me names? I think you are missing that is staring you in the face to be honest. Cruel and barbaric is how all three bloodsports are seen by all humane people in this country. Thankfully all three are illegal. I just isnt nice you see and normal people dont take pleasure from setting packs of dogs on other animals.
Having witnessed these sports I would say that of all three fox hunting is the most cruel. The others being a fair fight not a slaughter!!

Scratchline

Visit site
BUt you didn't want to discuss my opinion, which makes me sad!

It's okay, I'm not angry or nuffink, I've been hanging around this part of the forum since 2003 and I got over the whole "your argument stinks, I hate you all" bit a looong time ago (unfortunatly, that was the pros - I get along with the antis on here MUUUCH better!)

But I did get a little disheartened that I post an opinion that could lead to discussion and you skip to the name calling.
I like an anti I can get my teeth into!

(and, for the record, I'm not a huge fan of the CA either. They did jack all for me, except propell me into the media scene (briefly, I was in the papers with my gorgeous CA tabard!). Problem is, both sides need a representative group of non-extreme, approachable persons or else we're both damned.

Thing is, I've found, that people with an actual opinion on hunting are very extreme people. Normal people don't actually care!!!

To be fair nobody chose to discuss your post with you, it wasnt just me lol Perhaps I mostly chose not to because I dont really care much for LACS. Nor the RSPCA. My thoughts and opinions about these bloodsports comes from first hand knowledge of what goes on. Anybody that can stand by and watch these animals suffering without being utterly disgusted by the people either taking part or encouraging such cruelty has no deceny.
We are all on this earth together and the sooner man dies out the better the world will be IMHO.
I shall try in future to make more effort to debate when you post HG.

Serenity087

Visit site
We are all on this earth together and the sooner man dies out the better the world will be IMHO.

We'll never debate... we're kindred spirits!

I really rather look forward to the day mankind leaves this earth, and loathe the selfish notion that without us, earth will die!

Have you seen the newer photos of chenobyl? That is, imo, all the proof I need that the world will reclaim herself.