What bedding do you use and how much is it per bale?

Damnation

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I use straw on rubber mats at the moment - small bales at £2 a bale. Was shocked when I went in the feed merchants today to see that shavings were £9.95 a bale!
shocked.gif
Is that a national record - can anyone top that!?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can indeed top you.
£13.72 or something like that over here in the Isle of Man
shocked.gif

I am on Nedz Bedz. £8.50 odd a bale, I go through 2 a week but it makes for a really nice bed. I would usually go through just 1 bale a week but my mare is only allowed out 4 times a week.
Izzi
grin.gif

welsh_monster

Visit site
Usually use shavings which are free (have 2 joiners on our yard, which is mainly converted into industrial workshops) except what with xmas holidays and them being lazy, we've only had 2 bags in 3 weeks.

So atm we have 3 on straw at £1.10 a bale, and one on the few shavings we have (with rubber mats.)

We are in Glos

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
That's exactly my point TGM the prices vary throughout the country for exactly the same brand of product
confused.gif
It's all got abit silly really
frown.gif

Kate x

Len

Visit site
Hi Kate,
We have CWG Softbed at £4.50 after equiclub discount or when out of stock (as often is) we have Auboise at about £7.10 (Notts area).
Jen x

dixie

Visit site
To be different, I use Miscanthus at £5.70 a bale or if I buy 10 i can get them for £5.30 a bale. I use about 3 a week between 2 horses.

sueeltringham

Visit site
I'm currently using Easibed at about £6.50 a bale. I don't think I'll be able to get any more, but enquired about Bedmax here and it was only £6-60 a bale. I'm currently wondering whether to try one of the pelleted beddings such as LWP, but I'm not sure of the availability around here.

Sue

lizzie_liz

Visit site
Our yard has bedmax which costs £6.70 a bale however I dont like it

Instead I am going to the Sawmill and getting shavings, costing £3.50 a bale or £1.50 if you fill your own bag. before I get shot down for using sawmill shavings, they do not contain any foreign debris and are as dust free as bedmax.

tendon_boot

Visit site
I'm using Nedz Bed Pro at the moment, i did order a massive arctic lorry full and paid less than £5 a bale, that was in june though. I went to get some feed from the wholesaler who also sells to the public and it was just over £7 a bale, i was shocked so i shall be using less than a bale a week at that price. As my OH says your just throwing money on the muck heap. All of ours are on rubber matting. A few of the liveries are on straw and are paying £2.50 a bale, this is in Leicestershire x

terrierliz

Visit site
FAO H's Mum - sorry for the delay in replying. I get Megazorb directly from the manufacturers - Northern Crop Driers Ltd, they are in the same village as me and I just go and collect from them
grin.gif

TPO

Visit site
Just changed onto wood pellets at the weekend (from straw £12 for a big bale). The wood pellets are "brites" and £2.30 per bag
smile.gif
I'm in Scotland.

a1b2c3

Visit site
Am currently paying £9.80 per small bale of shavings
shocked.gif

Cannot find another supplier around here, but am going to get LWP later this week to give them a try, as they work out at £2.85 per 15kg bag -much cheaper!

Did used to get straw from farmer at the yard i just left for £3.50 a bale, and in the Decathalon close to old farm, Bedmax shavings were £7.25 per bale.

Lady_Bug

angelsonhorseback.co.uk
Been using unlabelled shavings from YO which have recently gone up to £6.90 a bale. Going to be using a mixture of Bed Down Traditional (£6.60) and Excel (£7.90), one bale a week hopefully, on mats. Much better bed and goes a lot further.

Bella1297

New User
Visit site
We use straw at the moment which is £2.50p a large bale. We used to use shavings but they we're only small bales and only lasted a couple of days. and cost £5.50, now we're thinking about rubber matting, and something like easibed, or bedmax or aquamax!
Which are about 6.00 to 8.00 but are bif bales.

Yorkshire
x

Inchy

Visit site
I use saw mill shavings - £3 per 25kg bag, my boys have 1 bale each a week.

I was worried they might be dusty but have found they are much less dusty than the 'dust extracted' shavings everyone else uses on our yard!