What beds do your dogs have?

{97702}

Visit site
I am moving house (again!) next weekend, and today I took the 3 piece suite that the dogs used to sleep on to the tip as there won't be room for it in the new place. Greyhounds do like their comfort, and especially like sleeping on furniture!

Now I need to be more practical, what sort of beds do you have for your dogs? I have a number of duvets folded in half which I put on the floor, the hounds more or less accept these, I would love raised beds but have no cash for them at the moment :(

Maisy

Visit site
Mine have the 'tuffies' nests....they love them and they are the only bed I have found that can be cleaned properly to don't smell! They are relatively expensive, but don't lose their shape etc like cheaper versions do.....

PucciNPoni

Visit site
We made our own - it's evolved over the years but it started out quite simply. It was a bit of discarded wood from a desk and then we covered it with some padding from an old quilt and then material. The latest upgrade I must admit was a bit less from discards and more purpose built from new material - but it's still ten times more bed than what we would have been able to buy.

bedmakingandwork014_zps9e2569c6.jpg

{97702}

Visit site
That is a palace not a dog bed PnP :D It looks fabulous :)

I have tried Tuffies in the past but unfortunately my greyhounds didn't like them (or those I had at the time didn't) as they couldn't make a nest in them properly? I agree though, they are incredibly practical :) :)

PucciNPoni

Visit site
Haha, it is a bit of a palatial bed for them. But there's three dogs sharing that these days - and I can fit in there with them too. I often do - when I come in from work I like to have a snuggle with them in it. In fact, often guests do too. :D

However, without doing the whole raised bed bit - the mattress is one of the doggy memory foam ones from P@H - about £40 I think for one that size.

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Downstairs during the day Dax has her crate, blanket over the top, lined with a strip of vetbed and then either a folded duvet or a thin padded bed in it depending on what is being washed. Ricoh has the sofa which is lined with more vetbed.

Upstairs there are two mattress style zippy beds filled with old duvets - Dax sleeps on the floor right next to my side of the bed :eek: and Ricoh sleeps on the landing. I am considering replacing these two with thicker memory foam types so would be grateful to hear the results of your research. :p

When I worked nights they used to get up in bed with me which was lovely if a bit hairy and ran a risk of pee/snot from a certain white dog...

18029_10200796559494203_1519468672_n.jpg

291737_4827858052220_477414224_n.jpg

31466_10200741197190180_1052095621_n.jpg

And one I found while digging out pictures, six month old Dax on that same mattress bed. :)

23542_1378049649166_7450646_n.jpg

Dizzle

Visit site
During the day he sleeps on the sofa with some fluffy cushions, or on a human if there is one there, at night he goes in his crate where he has a memory foam dog mattress on the bottom (which I don't think is really that soft for a small dog) and a really cheap soft round cushion bed from a discount shop, cost me about £8 and he loves it as he can sort of flop on/across it.

Ideally though he'd like a large double bed with two humans in in :D

Chiffy

Visit site
My dog beds come from Waggers, they have a website and a catalogue. They sell all types, mattresses and beds to get in. My grippet Flicka adores hers its so comfy she disappears upside down in it!
I agree with you about Tuffies, brilliant beds but not for boney thin skinned sighthounds.

{97702}

Visit site
She never did grow into those ears!

Resident work greyhound is very insistent about sofas, it's something in their genetics, I think you may just end up buying a smaller suite. :p

This afternoon we have discovered you can fit a reasonably small human and 3 greyhounds on a 3 seat sofa....:p

{97702}

Visit site
My dog beds come from Waggers, they have a website and a catalogue. They sell all types, mattresses and beds to get in. My grippet Flicka adores hers its so comfy she disappears upside down in it!
I agree with you about Tuffies, brilliant beds but not for boney thin skinned sighthounds.

Ha ha the greyhounds refuse to burrow under beds! I found it so odd after having whippets who just want to crawl under anything :) Amy is the exception (I think she is a whippet x greyhound, not a pure grey anyway) - she always wants to burrow under anything :)

Chiffy

Visit site
Oh no Levrier its not a burrowing bed its just so squashy she seems to sink into it and eventually turns upside down with her legs in the air, not very feminine and genteel!
I hated the way my whippets were always asking to be tucked up once I started doing that. It taught me a lesson that its not a good idea.

{97702}

Visit site
Oh no Levrier its not a burrowing bed its just so squashy she seems to sink into it and eventually turns upside down with her legs in the air, not very feminine and genteel!
I hated the way my whippets were always asking to be tucked up once I started doing that. It taught me a lesson that its not a good idea.

:D Love the description :) :)

Annette4

Visit site
Jack has a memory foam bed with a lovely soft cover.....Tia has a manky old blanket! I have tried all sorts with her but she destroys everything apart from this blanket so thats all she gets.

TwyfordM

Visit site
Another greyhound with his own sofa here :rolleyes: 2 seater huge thing that takes up lots of room and then he still feels the need to spread out from the sofa halfway across the living room!

UnaB

Visit site
Maya has her leopard print throne :D Got it from a dog show trade stand... She picked it out herself...

970653_10151398641202466_1230913053_n.jpg

And this is Evie's, its actually a cat bed, cant remember where I got it though. This was her snuggled up in it after she was spayed, bless her..

407361_10151154667852466_472915121_n.jpg

{97702}

Visit site
LOL some brilliant photos here - Molasses, I have this feeling that is what is going to happen in my house :D I am loving everyone's different ideas, thanks for the inspiration :) I will have a look & see which beds my fussy lot would like best :)

PolarSkye

Visit site
Lévrier;12205213 said:
LOL some brilliant photos here - Molasses, I have this feeling that is what is going to happen in my house :D I am loving everyone's different ideas, thanks for the inspiration :) I will have a look & see which beds my fussy lot would like best :)

I am a bad, bad owner . . . our two collie crosses sleep on the big sofa in the lounge during the day (on their own fleeces that I wash regularly) and in one or other of my two daughters' beds at night . . . yes, really :(.

P

{97702}

Visit site
LOL PE :) If my dogs had their way that is EXACTLY what they would do - unfortunately 4 greyhounds don't all fit very well on my bed, much as they try :D

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
I got fed up of dog beds that squished too quickly-I have a setter and he's a 'bony' dog who likes his comforts. so I bought an off cut of memory foam on eBay and a waterproof dog bed cover to fit it (wored out at £20). He has his thermatex blanket on top of that and its in front of the woodburner :)

tda

Visit site
I splashed out on a Tuffie, and silly PRT took one step onto it, slipped off it, and will not step on it again!

I bought some memory foam off amazon and some old pillow cases and they love them.

Maisy

Visit site
My tuffies beds are the nests.....I did buy the big flat ones, but my dogs would rather lie on the floor! The big one has now been relegated to the boot of the car where they have little choice on where they lie!!

MuddyTB

Visit site
We have the Tuffie bed. Our greyhound wouldn't go on it either initially as it was slippy, so we bought a big piece of furry vet bed to go on top and now he loves it.