what blades do you clip with?

LeannePip

Visit site
I always clip with A2F's (Lister Fine blades) I think it gives a better finish plus i always tidy up with the little libretto's which have fine blades on so you dont end up with some patches balder than others.

So, what do you use and why . . .

madabouthehorse

Visit site
I clip my forester with the A2F's and also have the libretto's so the same as you! It comes up lovely on my bay forester, although he does re-grow within about 6 weeks, hence the finer the better!

Last year I clipped my connemara with the A2F's in october, and it didn't grow back until may! So this year I used the lister 'covercote' blades on my connemara (also as I intend to show him over the winter, and hoping for a good coat for the feb/march RI qualifiers) and they were the most horrendous blades I've ever clipped with. (I clip show cattle all summer, so I've used plenty!) and he didn't look great after, however about 10 days after he looks brilliant- basically like a summer coat. I'm hoping to re-clip the connemara about december for his final clip. Might have a go with them on the forester as he's now living out, but I'm trying to hunt him too...

jakkibag

Visit site
Always clip with Lister medium blades, having coloureds that show most of the year, the pink tinge does not look great!! I can blend legs much easier to a medium finish too!