What body cams do people recommend?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I’ve reluctantly realised that I am going to have a body cam(s) fitted before I venture out on the road again on horseback.

We’ve bought a Gro Pro rip off, and that fits nicely and securely on the top of my ninja cyclist’s bike helmet. It has the advantage of being very noticeable. However, it’s made me realise that I don’t want to wear any cam on my crash hat.

So plan B is to buy one or two body cams to be secured on my new v bandz tabard, which comes with sturdy loops on to which to attach a cam front and back.

0E9984BA-2AFF-4CE4-B75D-DD1792B49A67.jpeg

413FB1FA-793F-4BA1-AD7D-CBC89D73C574.jpeg

Any one got any experiences of body cams, good or bad? The tabard will have to be fitted over my air jacket, which isn’t ideal, but I can fit it so that the Velcro waist band is barely secured, so it should come apart in the event of a fall and an air jacket inflation.

Thanks in advance.

Shay

Visit site
We use a Muvi - the make you actually have in your picture. With a decent size memory card they record for long enough. But we do also have a go pro 4. You can also buy tail guards with the tiny Muvi cameras built in. The camera itself is fine - but I've not used it on a tail guard.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Cant you just get a chest harnesss for the go pro?
We use one for ours.
Unfortunately I can’t put a chest harness over the air jacket, otherwise that would have been ideal. ETA Though I will check with Hit Air in case they have any advice on that.

It’s all such a blimmin’ rigmarole just to go out for a quiet hack, but needs must.

Last edited:

luckyoldme

Visit site
Unfortunately I can’t put a chest harness over the air jacket, otherwise that would have been ideal. ETA Though I will check with Hit Air in case they have any advice on that.

It’s all such a blimmin’ rigmarole just to go out for a quiet hack, but needs must.
Ah i see! Maybe I hooe they can help you!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Apparently I am the first person to ask the manufacturer of my air jacket whether it is recommended to wear a body cam over one, haha! Their rep was very helpful but couldn’t guarantee that it would be ok as they’ve never tried to do it. She thinks it should work as long as the air vest isn’t constrained. Loose Velcro fittings on a tabard over a air jacket are good. The chest harness for a Go pro is elasticated with a lot of give, so that should be ok, too.