What breed of horse are YOU?

abbijay

Visit site
I'd be a small ISH, 15.2/3 generic bay colour with elements of questionable conformation. Can go out and enjoy most things but would never win prizes for being flashy or the prettiest. Proven to be a successful brood mare but not ready to retire from work just yet.

Merrymoles

Visit site
Dales - not very tall and short hairy legs but with unruly dark hair and an ability to carry about my own weight! Generally reliable but with the potential to get completely overexcited!

Snowy Celandine

Visit site
Can I be a Highland too please? I'm sure my HiPO and I get on so well because we're so alike :D Shes a bit shorter than me and has more shoes bought for her but we're both a bit scruffy, like our food but aren't fat, have sensitive skin and lots of mane. Neither of us is mareish but we don't suffer fools and we both like sweeties :)

nix123

Visit site
TB x Cob. I have tb mane bit flimsey and brittle, with skinny ankles and cr@p feet! :eek: But have the cob thighs and midrift. Basically i'm a cob to look at, but there is a tb in there trying to get out! More importantly i'm defo a mare. Not trusting and very suspicious until i get to know you, then its loyalty and love all the way.:D

ebonyallen

Visit site
Think I would have to be a TB, perhaps an ex racer who has had to come to the end of racing due to injury.
I am very slim and tall, with a false leg so thinking about it really would have been shot long time ago lol :eek::eek:

CalamityJ

Visit site
I'd definitely be a Welsh D mare! I like my own space, don't suffer fools gladly, can be totally OTT and when I am grumpy it is best to keep well out of the way. On the plus side I am very loyal, trustworthy and give 100% when I am doing something I want to. Don't try to argue with me and understand that being a mare I am emotional to the extreme! This is also the description of the Welsh mare I own. Probably why we get on so well!!

Blythe Spirit

Visit site
I'd be a welsh b or c x Arab - 90% of the time I would have a pony calmness but 10% of the time I would have an arab strop. I think i would be a horrid horse to ride - quite spooky, a bit lazy, mostly bridle lame, sometimes really lame. Low pain threashold. I'd be small - some kind of light chestnut colour but with an unfortunate face marking which made be look somehow a bit odd.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
15.2 cob mare. Plenty of feather and gorgeous mane and tail. A good all-rounder, can turn her hoof to anything, tho' can be mareish on occasions. Not a novice ride as can be quirky, however will willingly hack solo with the right rider. Has hunted happily in the past. Easy to shoe and do. Needs bringing back into work as is carrying a little too much weight.

WindyStacks

Visit site
German warmblood, built for comfort not speed. Everything seems to be ticking over nicely and then it goes and does something bonkers and seemingly out of character - ergo scaring the crap out of everyone within a 5 mile radius.

LeneHorse

Visit site
Heinz 57 nondescript brown hairy grumpy veteran riding school pony which is still working when it would much rather be retired. No wonder I turn my bum on the kids when they come in to tack me up! Also suffer from sweet itch and can be a bit of a good do-er. Probably have Cushings too!

sjp1

Visit site
Sadly, I am just the same as my very quirky appy!!

Fine a lot of the time, and completely over reactive and hysterical about things neither of us really should be!!

Which is why I keep him, although I would really prefer a much more ploddy horse who is as calm as calm could be!!!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Probably a Shetland

Small with short legs and opinionated! Out of control hair.

Might be crossed with mine a Welsh D as am also prone to over reacting and stressing!

Last edited:

Highlands

Visit site
I'm a highland too. Stubborn, determined, not easily influenced, but not lazy by any means. Up for a challenge, tireless, fun with a quirky sense of humour. Love my food and have to watch my weight constantly. At my happiest outdoors, and don't mind a bit of mud or rain. Definitely not a prima Donna type. Go us highlands ...

Love this thread ....

Would you be called Freddie?

ZondaR

Visit site
I think I am a bit of a Connemara. I like to think I am clever, a bit independent, I must respect you if you want my best work, not afraid of hard work, enjoy the thrill of competition, a good doer, good feet, don't know what a vet looks like, good looking, good proportions, about 15 hands. Also, I was born dark bay but I have greyed out. Even though I am a human girl, if I was a horse I think I would be a gelding.

My horse is TB/connie X and is fits the above description (except for the grey bit and he is 16 2) and in addition, he can be quite highly strung and he worries, where I am more laid back and calm.

Regandal

Visit site
I'm another IDx. An ageing one. On a good day there are still traces of the gazelle-like athleticism, but they're getting fewer! Flowing mane, needs a good going over with the thinning comb every so often. Scrubs up well. Arthritic hocks, getting up often accompanied by a few expletives. Strong and silent, but a tendency to dole out a whack if really annoyed. No wonder my old boy and I get on so well.

Mike007

Visit site
Yes ,and ageing ID. Still convinced that I am still young and athletic,and cant understand why they keep making my stable door narrower and narrower.And surely all those carrots cant be bad for me if they taste so good.

turnbuckle

Visit site
16.2 TB. Didn't show anything in racing, am now an opinionated ****** who eats for Europe but doesn't put on weight, NOT a novice ride, will go up and decant my rider if I don't feel like doing something but will try my heart out if I find it interesting!

Good to load, not so sure about clip shoe and vet!

catkin

Visit site
Hubby would say I am a Welsh pony with a dark unfathomable Celtic soul, pretty resourceful and more than a bit quirky.

In my minds eye I am, of course, an elegant TB...............

myponyvic

Visit site
I think I'd be this horse called Ella at my yard. She's a Dutch Warmblood, but totally lame. Essentially, she stands in her paddock all day eating.
Sounds like a good life to me! Haha
Or one of those horrendous horses you sometimes find at riding schools that have to be nagged to do anything. Definitely wouldn't be a TB - too much effort to have to work.
I'd be very fat too haha. So I'd be a cross between a Shetland (I'm 5ft with tiny legs) x Cob x Warmblood. Talk about variety!

Fools Motto

Visit site
I'd be something like a 14h chunky NF type Heinz brown mare. I'd have poor quality feet, and uvitis (sp?). I'd be pretty laid back, and happy to nanny the youngsters, but equally have limited ability to do anything outstanding. Handy pony is my calling!