What Breed/Sire would you recommend

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
If your looking for substance and to improve the front end, then I would reccomend Coevers Diamond Boy. Coevers was a prolific TB stallion of incredible quality and a very good progenitor. Diamond Lad needs no introduction! You can spot a Coevers Diamond Boy a mile off by the front, a real quality front end.
Here is a link:
http://www.coolgrangehousestud.com/coevers-diamond-boy-ish

If you look up Coevers Diamond Boy's on donedeal.ie you can see what I mean!

Good luck :)

Is he still going Gadetra? I have a mare by him, as does my friend. They are both addicted to jumping and especially XC! My mare is 14, my friends is 19, so was just wondering if he is still breeding..

I agree with the lovely fronts - thats what everyone comments on with my mare, more than anything else!

Autumn2012014.jpg

(she is the bay..) By the way, the chestnut is ISH but with a quarter warmblood (Cavalier Royale) and its a lovely mix - the irish sense with the warmblood longer stride.. I sent her to a warmblood stallion a couple of years ago, but she wasn't having any of it!

AppleAlexis

Visit site
So we have a lovely Nimmerdor Warmblood mare and debating covering her again next year.
Last foal is a Ustinov, and for the last 10years we have used Warmblood Sire's and made some high quality horses.

I however bought a Warmblood x Irish Cob foal last year as wanted more bone and laid back attitude. Which he is.

So I said how I really liked the look of Cleveland Bays and that's what I want to look at next.

So what breeds do you recommend and Sire's - would you stick with Warmbloods or cross with a more laid back type for a easier life.
Hi There, just to throw a spanner in the works for you and if you're not afraid of a little colour what not look at a Knapstrupper?!?

In case you are unsure (as I was) Knabstruppers and spotted warmbloods but are quite stocky. One of the reason they are allowing outcross mare is to get a bit more blood in them, fine them out a little.

I have a LWPN mare that is a little nutty, I put her to a knabstrupper after hearing about their exceptional temperments and trainability. My foal, now 18 months is the calmest 18 month old I've known. She accepted a bridle a few weeks back with no issues and loads for fun. And as an added bonus she has the movement and athleticism of a warmblood.

I didn't get spots but obviously you might, so you have to appreciate the colour you could get. Its a love it or hate it thing for most people but I highly recommend the breed.

Let me know if you have any questions and I could point you in the right direction, I know from experience that they need some research. :)

gadetra

Visit site
Dosy Mare pics of him are hard to find. Maybe email the owner? But even if you google him most of not all of his offspring depending on the mares have that stamp, good bone with fantastic front ends and lovely heads..

There may be semen still about from him. IMHO he is a great improver.

Honey08 your mare is a beaut! And a lovely CDB front end. Re the chestnut not going in foal, some of them are not for persuasion (sp?), no matter how hard you try!
Cavalier Royale was serious stallion and a giant of ISH breeding.