what colour tack on a black horse?

cob&onion

Visit site
I think dark havannah on black horses :)

My yearling welshie is a very dark brown/black in winter and when the time comes he will be in dark havannah :)

burge

Visit site
Dark Havanah on my black baby. Really suits him. Never been a fan of black tack and didn't even use it on my (recently retired) grey lady.

cassie summers

Visit site
i wandering the same myself i have a black horse and black tack but just got a new saddle and its brown looks smart on her now gotta buy everything else in brown :D

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Just posted the same on the Kincade post - most of the saddles I fit are only stocked in brown so I get to have this conversation a lot. At least 50% of owners who thought they wanted black for a black horse end up liking and having dark brown - it's very dark, and very neutral and makes most black horses look blacker. Brown leather is so much nicer IMO.

russian_charm

Visit site
IMO if you've got a black horse your lucky because pretty much every color looks decent on them, whether thats tack, rugs, boots, etc.
The only color tack I really do NOT like is a newmarket or tobacco color. It just ends up looking orange and the contrast is way too strong