Pictures What could possibly go wrong?!

DSB

Visit site
The only thing our horses objected to was hot air balloons,Jets and planes overhead, helicopters,landing in their paddock were just fine but a balloon caused all sorts of trouble,horses over fences,into fencecs etc.
We think it was the sound of the gas being released that set them off.

marmalade76

Visit site
The only thing our horses objected to was hot air balloons,Jets and planes overhead, helicopters,landing in their paddock were just fine but a balloon caused all sorts of trouble,horses over fences,into fencecs etc.
We think it was the sound of the gas being released that set them off.

We had some ballooning folks in the same lane as the farm I used to keep my horse at years ago, they soon got used to them.

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
I had a balloon land in my field once. It was pure luck my ponies weren't out at the time..they flew over the M1 rapidly loosing height, nearly took out my neighbours chimney pot then 'jumped' my fence (managed to get it to go back up very slightly to clear it) and landed in my field. When we went up to see them they said 'oh mind if we land here' erm yes, yes we do. They then informed us if we hadn't been in they would have cut lock on gate to get in to retrieve balloon. So potentially they would have trashed neighbours roof, broken my fence then left my field with terrified horses in it unsecured, while they drove in to pick up balloon. This same group also once landed in the back garden of a town centre shop.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
We often get the big Virgin ones fly over our house mine spot them a mile off I think its because of the noise that they notice them, they usually just stare at them for a bit snorting then gallop off around the field.

HorseMaid

Visit site
The last time I said "what could possibly go wrong?" it ended up in a £400 vet bill, and that was for something quite benign (tried to squeeze horse past a fallen tree). So hoping there won't be any horses anywhere near the balloons!

Ratface

Visit site
Occasionally, they float over our way, but the horses tend to ignore them. If they tried to land anywhere on our land - 50+ acres - I'm pretty sure that they'd need a very good reason. YO would be out there with large, shouty guard dogs and a pitchfork!