What do horses think about when they are dozing?

Enfys

Visit site
... asked my husband as he watched the mares standing, one back leg cocked, just dozing in the paddocks, as they do.
In fact, do they think at all? Make plans, remember the good old days etc he asked.

Rather than the instinctual , I'm hungry - eat, I'm thirsty - drink, I'm scared - run etc

Over to you :)

Pie's mum

Visit site
I would love to think he's dreaming about the wonderful times we've had together and thinking about the summer and all the plans I've discussed with him..... But however much I love him he is still a horse... It's far more likely he's either plotting ways to extract more stud muffins from me - or just gazing off into the distance thinking about not a lot!

Snuffles

Visit site
Ive always wondered about animals dreaming, do they dream in pictures like we do? Or is there just a blank page !

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Camilla is thinking about her next escape route. Dave is definitely on for World Domination & how to win the hearts of his Minions. Oh & where the pears are.

HashRouge

Visit site
Ive always wondered about animals dreaming, do they dream in pictures like we do? Or is there just a blank page !

Me too! I always want to know what my cat dreams about, especially when he starts twitching in his sleep! I wonder if their dreams are even half as strange as human ones.

Jo1987

Visit site
I've always assumed that when they're dozing, they're not thinking about much at all! Just content with the sun on their backs usually :)