WHAT DO I DO????

naomisilv88

New User
Visit site
I have an amazing 13.3hh 6 year old cob gelding Hugo. I bought him as a 2 year old, broke him and owned him since. He is a brilliant confidence giver and has taught children and nervous adult to ride. He hacks and schools (however lazy) bombproof and careful. He has enterend in local shows and won! He generally will place everytime. He is a perfect kids pony to ride and do. Easiest horse I have kept and such a pleasure to own. BUT he is too small for me and I cant afford him and my other horse. Every new, young or nervous rider should have a Hugo! I need him to go to a perfect home but due to the general current market I dont want to let him go for a pittance! Please can someone tell me what they'd do?????

Thank you

jrp204

Visit site
If he is what you say he sounds what a lot of people want, children and adults. Put him on the PC website and see what happens, you may be surprised.

Muddy Mare

Visit site
Quality always sells, and as you say he is what people want. Parents will pay a lot for a horse that will keep there little darling safe.

I dont think he would go for a pittance. You need good photos, and video, and an ability to say no! I have broken and sold on a few horses and am always very careful about the home they go to. That said, horses that I would have sold for £2,500 a couple of years ago are more like £1,800 now, if that, which makes it unworthwhile generally.

I think what I do is think of the price that you want to get for him and add on a bit, and advertise him for that...and bear in mind people always offer a bit less.

horse.love92

Visit site
What you want to do is get some great pics of him . Kids usually love jumping so some jumping pics in your advert would be great along with some more pics of him looking smart at shows ! People will pay good money for a safe all rounder I sold my 13.3hh connie x who was 15 for £3500 as he could do it all, the people loved him and bought him there and then

mollybee

Visit site
As a mother who doesn't know much at all about horses, we have bought our first pony for our daughter, paid £1100 including tack and rugs, and although she's 17 (the pony not my daughter) we wanted a bombproof happy hacker, who will stand round and be fussed over all day. My daughter is 13 years old and all her pocket money goes on her pony, so yes, parents will pay more money knowing that their child is safe etc. good luck, he sounds adorable.