What do I dooo?

katie_and_toto

Visit site
Oct 09 was brill, dc 2ft3 sj, came 3rd and went xc schooling, lots of confidence was fabby and loved it, then 29th nov went to an indoor sj, long story short it wasn't great and now confidence isn't great. Haven't jumped since, just as a break really. I want to start getting Toto out and about lots in 2010 to build confidence, and then start getting competiting properly the year after. Now I was gonna jump on Sat/Sun but I could hire an arena out instead and just get us both happy about schooling and popping over some small jumps in a new place. At home me and Toto are fine, just when we're out we both are nervous. The arena we could hire has a set of sj set out with fillers, which could be good to increase Toto's confidence. So after nearly 4 weeks of not jumping do I jump at home, or take him somewhere for a fresh start?

Desicions desicions
tongue.gif

Mickeymoo

Visit site
I finished 09 doing 90cm classes but not jumped for a good few weeks now.

Today i jumped at home, put some poles out, then cross poles and put 4 jumps up to 80cm. I was really happy and confident and Mick was amazing, all my schooling had paid off (thanks to my instuctor Dark Knight).

I finished the session today jumping 1 metre course. I was so happy, my confidence is now soaring. You could pop a few jumps at home like I did today, then go out another day.
smile.gif

MandyMoo

Visit site
i would pop some fences at home, maybe tomorrow, then go out on sunday to the hired out arena?? or wait until next week for the hired out arena?

definitley have a pop at home though first, as a confidence boost...as both you and T will feel relaxed and more confident in familiar surroundings
smile.gif
xxx

katie_and_toto

Visit site
MandyMoo - thanks for the reply, forgot to mention in my original post and have edited it now, that me and Toto are both absolutely fine at home, we jumped 3ft in November, it's just competeing we completely go to pieces, I am a wimp, which makes me tense and try and keep him in a trot/slow canter, it's a vicious circle as I don't have the confidence to put my leg on and get him over the jumps, which is why I was thinking about hiring an arena, so we're somewhere new but not a competeiton, if that makes sense? Then I could let him bowl on a bit and see how he does with the fillers, but I can't decided what to do!
crazy.gif
tongue.gif

katie_and_toto

Visit site
MickyMoo - glad to hear that you're confident again
smile.gif

thanks for the reply, forgot to mention in my original post and have edited it now, that me and Toto are both absolutely fine at home, we jumped 3ft in November, it's just competeing we completely go to pieces, I am a wimp, which makes me tense and try and keep him in a trot/slow canter, it's a vicious circle as I don't have the confidence to put my leg on and get him over the jumps, which is why I was thinking about hiring an arena, so we're somewhere new but not a competeiton, if that makes sense? Then I could let him bowl on a bit and see how he does with the fillers, but I can't decided what to do!
crazy.gif
tongue.gif