What do I need in my first aid box please?

budley95

Visit site
You can buy ready made one's that are quite handy. I brought a horseware one from local tack shop for £30 which had stuff for horse and rider. Just brought a thermometer, politicing stuff and sudocream to go with it and brought more if needed. Good luck with your new horsey :)

xgemmax

Visit site
i have: animalintex, vet wrap, purple spray, antibacterial jelly, sudocreme, hibiscrub, syringes, sponge, cotton buds, probably more that I've forgotten about lol

Theocat

Visit site
The only things I ever use are animalintex and vet wrap (plus gaffer tape and old feed bags) for poulticing, plus Hypocare or Vetericyn spray, cotton wool and Filtabac cream (the same idea as sudocrem but antibacterial) for absolutely everything else from cuts to skin infections. I could do with a thermometer and scissors but otherwise if there's anything else I'd need it's probably a vet job anyway.

I don't think you need to go mad - get a few basics and you'll find you pick up more bits and pieces as you go. Most things in my kit are never used because I've found something that works better since I bought it.

DW Team

Visit site
I would add into the first aid box head torch as I often find it is dark having to treat and it spares up your hands.

Mine has Scissors, Gaffer tape, hoof pick (folding type), Cotton wool, salt and I have kettle nearby to make up salt water solutions, and politics, politicing stuff, cling film, vet wrap, Corner of plastic feed sack, stable bandages, Thermometer, Contact numbers for vet and farrier, Human pain killers, and plasters,